We have an exciting opportunity for a Growth and Development Officer to join our team in Greater London, The East of England and The South of England – Home based with regular travel. You will join us on a full time fixed term basis until January 2023 and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £28,188 per annum.
The Growth and Development Officer Role:
The purpose of the job is to instigate, support, and deliver focused growth projects and plans across the Region as agreed by the Area Growth and Development Manager.
To provide high quality and proactive support to prepare key line managers (specifically Group Scout Leaders and District Commissioners) to undertake their roles effectively and thereafter throughout their term of appointment.
To support Scouting volunteers to develop and grow Scouting, including but not limited to delivering volunteer recruitment, growth at group level, building community links.
What will you be doing in the Growth and Development Officer role?
– Support and work in partnership with District Commissioners, Group Scout Leaders and other volunteers to achieve organisational growth.
– Open new provisions in line with the project plan, and using local knowledge, contributing to the ongoing development of the project plan
– Enable and motivate local Scouting to devise, apply and refresh sustainable growth plans in existing and new provisions.
– Advise and support local Scouting upon the retention and recruitment of adult volunteers.
– Advise, support and encourage Scouting to engage with seldom heard communities.
– Help develop and deliver training, events and activities, designed to support Scouting and promote local growth and development.
– Help identify, create and design new tools and resources to support growth and development.
– Liaise with other staff from across headquarters, particularly concerning development and volunteering issues.
– Represent Headquarters and its Departments in the Region(s) and Counties.
What we are looking for in our Growth and Development Officer:
If you are enthusiastic and have passion for delivering excellent customer service with the ability to self-motivate, you will excel in this role. Our ideal candidate will be a good listener with excellent communication, project management and reflective skills and the ability to work alone and in collaboration with others.
You will thrive whilst managing a diverse workload and reaching targets. Key to success is an ability to engage and communicate effectively, develop collaborative partnerships with our volunteers and the ability to oversee projects through to delivery and evaluation.
What we can offer you as our Growth and Development Officer:
– 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
– Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
– Life Assurance
– Simply Health Scheme
– Generous Pension Scheme
– Free car parking
Closing date: Sunday 12 September 2021, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.