The Scouts Association
We have an exciting opportunity for two Growth and Development Officer’s to join our team. You will join us on a full time permanent basis and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £28,188 per annum.
Vacancy 1 – Midlands and North of England
Vacancy 2 – Greater London, The South East of England and The South of England
The Growth and Development Officer Role
Scoutings focus on extending its reach has seen an increase in youth and volunteer membership from the Muslim communities in recent years catalysed by focused staff and volunteer support.
The purpose of this exciting new role is to build on this model and support Scouting volunteers to develop and grow Scouting in even more underrepresented communities, including but not limited to, Muslim, BAME and social economically deprived communities. To deliver growth at group level through volunteer recruitment and building community links.
The role holder will instigate, support and deliver focused growth projects and plans across England as agreed by the Area Growth and Development Manager. Providing high quality and proactive support to prepare key line managers to undertake their roles effectively and ensure Scouting is open to all and reflects its local communities.
The purpose of this role is to instigate, support and deliver focused growth projects and plans across the England as agreed by the Area Growth and Development Manager. To provide high quality and proactive support to prepare key line managers (specifically Group Scout Leaders and District Commissioners) to undertake their roles effectively and thereafter throughout their term of appointment.
What will you be doing in the Growth and Development Officer role?
– Advise, support and encourage Scouting to engage with seldom heard communities.
– Support and work in partnership with District Commissioners, Group Scout Leaders, Muslim Scout Fellowship, National inclusion team and other volunteers to achieve organisational growth.
– Open new provision in underrepresented communities, using local knowledge, contributing to the ongoing development of the project plan
– Champion extending the reach of Scouting in underrepresented communities, acting as a point of expertise for members of the RST, key volunteers and others in order to expand understanding, knowledge and skill base.
– Enable and motivate local Scouting to devise, apply and refresh focused, sustainable growth plans in existing and new provision
– Advise and support local Scouting upon the retention and recruitment of adult volunteer
– Help develop and deliver training, events and activities within and outside the Region(s), designed to support Scouting and promote local growth and development.
– Help identify, create and design new tools and resources to support growth and development across the Region(s) and more widely.
– Liaise with other staff from across headquarters, particularly concerning development and volunteering issue
– Represent Headquarters and its Departments in the Region(s) and in Counties
What we are looking for in our Growth and Development Officer:
If you are enthusiastic and have passion for delivering excellent customer service with the ability to self-motivate, you will excel in this role. Our ideal candidate will be a good listener with excellent communication, project management and reflective skills and the ability to work alone and in collaboration with others.
You will thrive whilst managing a diverse workload and reaching targets. Key to success is an ability to engage and communicate effectively, develop collaborative partnerships with our volunteers and the ability to oversee projects through to delivery and evaluation.
What we can offer you as our Growth and Development Officer:
– 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
– Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
– Life Assurance
– Simply Health Scheme
– Generous Pension Scheme
– Free car parking
Closing date: Sunday 12 September 2021, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies