Solihull, West Midlands
Unique opportunity for a talented NAV expert to build and lead a new team for a significant client serviced by a high growth PE backed managed services business’
Head of Business System Support & Development
We are a UK based, award winning, IT services and technology company with over 25 years’ experience. We provide a range of IT support and Microsoft-centric, business software and cloud solutions to help mid-market organisations modernise their IT so they can compete and win in the digital economy. More than 300 clients trust us to take responsibility for part, or all, of their IT from solution design to support.
Acora has its Head Office in Burgess Hill, West Sussex as well as locations in London, Bletchley and Solihull. We are operating as normal, although remotely currently and offer flexibility in our approach. We are growing, ambitious and hard working. Our desire is to be an employer of choice with happy and fulfilled employees. Training, development and wellbeing are important aspects of our people focus.
Is to provide the mid-market with an outstanding customer experience through innovation and great people and become the leading provider of IT services within 4 years.
We aim to do this by being Game Changers in that market, providing outsourced IT services that cater to the ever-changing needs of the most dynamic, visionary, agile businesses that want to develop and improve themselves. We will provide them with the freedom to flex strategically, adapt faster, and seize opportunity – supported at every step by an expertly managed IT strategy.
We will grow with our clients in mutually beneficial relationships, building better businesses through understanding the drivers of our Customer’s long-term success
At Acora, we are proud to share the values we live by. They’re not abstract concepts. Our values define our culture: they act as a promise to our customers and a constant challenge to ourselves;
– Be the best you can be
– We do what we say
– Together we win
– Defying expectation
We are looking for a Head of Business System Support & Development to take the lead role on a new client account.
You will be accountable for the support of all software services, small delivery changes, removing technical debt and DevOps release management as well as automated testing. You will be responsible for managing a team of application support and development staff, which will also include partnering with third party specialist providers. You will also be working closely with the client’s senior leadership team and project teams to deliver the company’s future state technology roadmap.
Key responsibilities of our Head of Business System Support & Development:
– Lead and manage the Microsoft Dynamics software development team, to deliver application software that meets the current and future business strategy.
– Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development.
– Support and maintain internal and external IT support systems to agreed scope and plan.
– Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation.
– Support the strategic application development roadmap and direction.
– Understand the use cases (and user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for new features, functions and applications. Accountable and responsible for effective financial budget management, planning and monitoring of the software development team.
– Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the above team.
– Ensure that the skills and experience of the team are consistent with the business and technology needs for providing quality in present and future services.
– Matrix management of resources across technical work-streams to ensure that solutions are delivered on-time, to quality and within budget.
Skills and experience required by our Head of Business System Support & Development:
– Experience in Dynamics Development systems and Microsoft Azure cloud technologies.
– Credible, confident and articulate with proven ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategic board communications.
– Experience working in a leadership position within similar business system support and project delivery function.
– Demonstrable and substantial experience in leading and managing agile teams of software developers.
– Project management and systems development process experience.
– Practical involvement in all stages of technical design, from feasibility through to support.
– Familiarity with solution design methods, techniques and standards.
– Knowledge of cloud services, web standards, CRM and ERP (Microsoft NAV / Business Central preferred).
In general, you can visit Acora online without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information such as your name and e-mail address, to correspond with you and fulfil your request.
Apply now to be considered as our Head of Business System Support & Development!
Acora is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016…… click apply for full job details