Carbon Trust (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: London, with some travel within the UK and internationally
Closing date: 31st August 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
We are looking for two experienced and passionate professionals to join our Programmes and Innovations team as Innovation Managers. This exciting role offers unparalleled exposure to a diverse portfolio of leading start-up companies, government innovation partners and corporate innovation pioneers. It will involve delivering support across a portfolio of innovation activities and also involve helping to develop and grow our innovation proposition. We envisage that the role will be based in London and will require some travel both across the UK and internationally.
The Carbon Trust provides cutting-edge advice to governments, corporates and innovators to help them accelerate the transition to a net zero economy. We work across the UK and around the world to help tackle clean technology innovation challenges and bring to market compelling new solutions at speed and scale.
Innovation has a vital role to play in leading the way to a net zero economy. An important part of delivering on our mission is providing strategic advice and support to innovators and partners in the UK and around the world. The Carbon Trust is looking to recruit two Innovation Managers to strengthen our breadth of expertise and help to deliver our innovation activities.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Managing our relationships with a diverse portfolio of innovative clean technology ventures including mentoring leadership teams and providing strategic advice to address key commercialisation challenges they face;
• Advising and supporting government and corporate innovation partners to deliver on their net zero ambitions;
• Collaborating with partners on delivering multi-disciplinary net zero innovation support projects and initiatives that aim to transform key sectors and unlock new technologies, business models and collaborations;
• Project management of a portfolio of innovation projects involving multi-disciplinary teams;
• Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, attending and running meetings, workshops and seminars;
• Developing proposals to deliver innovation support for, and building new relationships with, public and private sector clients;
• Supporting proposition development and knowledge management across priority innovation themes;
Other duties associated with the Carbon Trust’s mission will be requested on an ad hoc basis.
Key skills we are looking for:
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and relationship development skills to engage effectively with venture management teams, technologists, and their potential customers, partners and investors;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead and run workshop sessions, present to small and large audiences, and write high quality reports, presentations and proposals;
• Motivated by the challenge of achieving net zero and evidence of translating this interest into action and outcomes;
• Ability to solve complex problems and respond to the evolving needs and requirements of clients, partners and portfolio companies;
• Understanding of climate change and sustainability issues and the role that innovation can play in accelerating progress towards climate change targets and sustainable development goals.
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree educated (or equivalent), ideally in a relevant discipline (e.g. engineering, science, environment, economics, finance and business administration)
• Strong experience of delivering strategy and advisory services ideally on clean technology innovation or related sectors (e.g. net zero transition in energy/buildings/industry/transport/agriculture/food systems or sustainability), in the UK and/or Europe;
• Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously and managing work efficiently including coordinating deliverables and meeting deadlines.
• Postgraduate qualification focusing on the environment, engineering, science, business, economics, technology or finance/business administration;
• Knowledge/experience of clean technology sectors in the UK/Europe, including commercial innovation and the transition to a net zero economy;
• Knowledge/experience of commercialising products and innovations;
• Demonstrated interest in, and ideally experience of, working in a start-up environment and/or of launching and growing new businesses;
• Robust programme and project management and development experience;
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
At the Carbon Trust we offer flexibility around working from home and our employees are able to work from home for half of their weekly working hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us, please click the apply button.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS