Schroders Investment Management
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a Communications Manager to establish a Comms strategy from scratch at an exciting new campus in Horsham, supported by the Comms team at our HQ in London.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You’ll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. It’s home to our EMEA Operations and Technology Operations hub.
You’ll be part of our dynamic and award-winning central Communications team, responsible for establishing communications on-site in our new Horsham campus branch. You’ll work closely with the wider team to ensure alignment between local and centralised communications.
What you’ll do
This is an exciting opportunity to start from scratch in developing, establishing and implementing a local comms strategy for our newest campus. With support from our central Comms team in London, you’ll both repurpose and create comms to engage, inform, involve and educate your local audience and build the culture.
You’ll be advising local stakeholders at all levels on best practice and the value of excellent internal communications as well acting as an ambassador for the wider comms function.
Building community and culture
• Adapt centralised communications to be relevant to local audience
• Build local culture through activities including: charity and corporate responsibility activities; sporting and social activities; wellbeing events
• Look for opportunities to embed corporate values
• Support forums, groups and societies with communicating about events and activities for the Horsham-based team
Events and projects
• Project and event management, coordination and implementation of company and brand events including regular townhalls
• Manage and localise campaigns for initiatives driven from Head Office such as Diversity & Inclusion programmes, wellbeing initiatives, employee surveys and more
Manage local channels
• Own all local comms channels (including email, intranet, digital signage, notice boards)
• Assist with filming both on iPhone and with a professional crew
• Build a strong local network to ensure Horsham employees are represented across the global comms programme of activities eg in the employee magazine or videos
• Creating and curating engaging copy daily, for use across multiple digital and print channels. Including news stories for the global intranet, features for our internal magazine, all employee email announcements, award entries and blog posts.
• Repurpose and adapt content from the central Comms team to make it relevant to the local audience
• Excellent presentation making, writing, editing, story-telling and proofreading skills
• Ability to simplify complex content into concise and easy to understand narratives which link back to our corporate strategy
Tech and measurement
• Use metrics and insights to take a data-driven approach and refine communications approaches across multiple channels
• Ability to pick up new skills and technical expertise across multiple platforms eg intranet, digital signage, polling tools, survey tools
• Familiar with measurement tools for internal comms
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• An excellent communicator and writer, able to develop engaging and informative content across multiple channels and adapt your writing style for different audiences
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator for creating visually appealing emails, posters, digital assets and other campaign support materials would be an advantage
• Communications experience
• Interest in asset management and financial services
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience of working with external agencies (including design, digital, events)
What you’ll be like
• A self-starter, turning ideas into actions
• Strong attention to detail
• Creative and innovative
• Show sound judgement and recognise when it is necessary to consult with others
• Be confident building trusted relationships across all levels of the business
• Resilience, confidence to stand firm and say no when needed, while remaining diplomatic and consensus-driven
• Ability to take a high level view but not afraid to roll up your sleeves
• Able to multi-task at speed, operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.