Durham, County Durham
As the UK’s most innovative fintech, we’re taking a mobile-first approach and r edefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 350 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware engineers to join our teams in Durham and London, and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
Here’s some of the tech we use
Our tech journey
We’re investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google’s Cloud Platform.
What else should you know…
Platform: We’ve taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world.
Agile principles: Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.
Innovation: Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.
Want to join us?
We’re on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow. That’s why, when we’re recruiting, we’re looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
It’s important that everyone in our team has drive, passion, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in changing the banking industry.
Atom is seeking a Technology Internal Auditor to join its Internal Audit department, reporting to the Head of Internal Audit.This is a hands-on audit role with primary responsibility for completing detailed testing of IT processes and controls, with a focus on cyber security and resilience risks. You will also assist in performing risk and control assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures. You should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting.You must be able to work effectively with both the in-house team and with Atom’s appointed Internal Audit partner.You must have the experience of confidently delivering IT recommendations to management and executives while being able to act independently, show resilience and accept challenge.The candidate must also be flexible and willing to support the in-house Internal Audit team in any other required Internal Audit activities.
We’re using the latest, cutting edge Technology to ensure we continue to be the UK’s most innovative fintech. Using our fantastic Technology stack, we’re making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
This role is captured under the Regulatory Certification Regime
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
· Supporting the in-house Internal Audit team and co-sourced internal audit partner with planning, scoping, execution and reporting of audits including follow up management, with a focus on IT, cyber, infrastructure and resilience related reviews.
· Preparing planning memos, working papers and reports in line with departmental and IIA standards.
· Identifying key risk areas in order to develop the audit plan.Perform audit risk assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures.
· Provide quality, effective and efficient assurance to enhance the IT environment.Evaluate IT control design and testing of IT process controls, including those covering cyber security and resilience.
· Managing stakeholders across the business through the development of strong working relationships.
· Report and present (written and verbally) review findings to senior management.
· Promote the continuous improvement of risk management and control processes across Atom Bank through the development of ongoing relationships with management ensuring that issues are escalated as appropriate and resolved and through ad hoc support to help them enhance and embed a better control environment.
What do we need from you?
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability and experience of auditing (or providing cyber consultancy/professional services) relating to cyber security, information technology, infrastructure, system implementation, resilience and general IT operational controls.
· Internal audit or equivalent consulting or cyber professional experience.
· Strong negotiation and influencing abilities at all levels, including positive stakeholder management.
· Highly motivated and resilient.
· Passionate about Atom and its core values
What would we ideally like from you?
· IT Internal audit, IT risk management, accountancy or cyber/security qualification or part qualified.
· A good understanding of financial services
· Experience of auditing cloud-based technology and infrastructure.
· Experience of liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including ICO and FCA regulators.
· Partnership management experience
· Innovative and commitment to continued learning.
· Proven deliverability of technology and cyber audit plans (or equivalent assurance/advisory/compliance deliverables)
What you’ll get from us:
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010…… click apply for full job details