Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Java Developer to join our high profile client.
Our client is a small fintech firm creating by one of the worlds best known personalities in fintech. They are known for solving one of the common problems in the retail financial space and in the current climate this is a unique product.
Merchants in the ecosystem publish offers that reward consumers for making advance payments. Typically, the longer the consumer leaves the money with the merchant, the greater the reward – i.e. rewards have a time dimension like accruing interest, but functions as a discount, thus increasing the spending power of the consumer. Merchants can also increase consumer spending power by making additional discount coupons available to encourage spend at particular times and/or locations.
Engineers are responsible for ensuring the correctness of their code and the output generated. Therefore there is a strong emphasis on automated testing and validation.
Periodic retrospectives (whether a team is running Kanban or Scrum) are the heartbeat of continuous improvement.
Review of designs/code and knowledge sharing are key to smooth organizational continuity. Two brains are better than one.
Day to Day The Java Developer will:
• Design, develop, test and deploy micro services into the cloud (AWS)
• Supporting other business units investigating problems, querying data, and building tools for them.
• Working in a highly collaborative, paired environment to solve complex problems.
• Collaborate with the full engineering team to continuously improve architecture and processes.
• Prototype new concepts, features, use of technology
• Striving towards automation as much as possible
This is a greenfield project working in conjunction with another team building a mobile application.
The Java Developer Must have:
· At least 2 years of software development. This experience may have occurred at school.
Proficiency with Java, Spring, and SpringBoot.
Proficiency with concurrent programming principles and basic design patterns
Excellent verbal communication, remote development and solid problem-solving skills.
BSc/BA/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for technologists, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
My client is based in Central London, this role is remote for the considerable future.