Job Title Landscape BIM Technician
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking and iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, engineers, consultants, and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup provides an integrated approach and delivers sustainable solutions to the design of cities and complex urban and rural environments. We are a team of landscape architects, urban designers, architects, planners, and sustainability experts working on a variety of projects across the world. Our network of landscape teams in the UK includes London, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle, and Birmingham, with overseas teams in Australia, China and UAE. We are differentiated from our competitors by our ability to combine skills to solve particularly complex or unusual problems and help our clients to create an integrated vision with a full commitment to develop successful and sustainable places.
With a well-established landscape architecture business, we offer our clients a full range of services including, but not limited to, the following:
• Concept design to planning
• Detail design for construction
• Visualisations/3D Modelling
• Design guidelines and best practice
• Feasibility studies and area strategies
• Strategic planning and policy review
Our landscape architecture teams work side by side with a wide range of Arup’s other specialist disciplines, including urban design, ecology, town planning, digital technology, engineering, cost consulting and project management.
For further information and some examples of our work, please click the following links:
Working within the landscape architecture team the individual is expected to proactively innovate, solve problems, and engage with design development. The duties within this role will predominantly be design based, CAD and BIM data preparation, data management, 3D data modelling, data analysis, mapping, and the production of visualisations across our broad range of projects. Typical types of project that the individual will be involved on could include:
• Major infrastructure projects,
• Masterplanning of residential and mixed used developments,
• Designing and planning many different outside spaces including public parks, public spaces, and green corridors, from concept stage through to detailed design and construction.
Requirements and skills
We’re looking for a Landscape BIM Technician with a passion for design, curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of the landscape architecture industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a design related discipline.
• Background knowledge in Architecture / Landscape Architecture / Urban Design / Civil Engineering with the focus on graphic representation with 5 plus years’ experience.
• Experience working in a BIM environment on multi-disciplinary design projects.
• A strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D modelling software (Microstation, Aecosim, Civil 3D, Revit, and or other 3D modelling software).
• Specifically, experience working with Bentley software (Microstation and Aecosim) and a good knowledge of Projectwise is key.
• Good communication skills, and strong team working skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong team working skill.
• Experience in managing small teams and in working in multi-disciplinary teams including infrastructure, environment, and transport.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of parametric design.
• A good understanding of spatial data processing, analysis, and visualisation.
• Experience of working on large infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of QA workflows.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Different people, shared values.
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks – BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women – provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference – discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.
Discipline specific question
Please attach to your application 2-3 sheets from your portfolio, selecting work which you have found the most rewarding and best demonstrate your talents.