London School of Science & Technology
LSST – London School of Science and Technology
LSST is a higher education provider with over 3500 students and campuses in London, Birmingham and Luton. The school supports students from all backgrounds, abilities and aspirations in order to fulfill their potential through learning, achievement and progression. With the aim of being recognised as a leading provider of further and higher education that is inclusive, inspiring and free from barriers to learning.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Purpose: To bring personal experience to the academic content taught to a range of students from a variety of backgrounds, and help them achieve their educational and career goals. You will be required to plan and deliver both creative and innovative teaching to University level, or according to the guidelines of the awarding body of the qualification that you are part of. Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum by focusing to a student-led style of teaching. You will be responsible for assisting in the development of programmes and their teaching and assessment, giving a particular emphasis to current business practice and employability.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in areas allocated by the programme leader and/or other relevant senior managers.
* To engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
* To supervise undergraduate or postgraduate student dissertations or assist in the process of supervision.
* To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
* To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
* To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
* To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
* To provide pastoral care and support to students.
* To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
* To contribute to departmental, faculty, or LSST-wide working groups or committees as requested.
* To maintain own continuing professional development.
* To actively follow and promote all LSST policies.
* To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
* To co-ordinate and maintain records of formative and summative assessments of students’ learning carried out by the subject/course team.
* To assist in the production of an annual self-assessment action plan and regular course reviews to report on implementation to the appropriate manager.
* To lead and manage the induction of learners onto the course/subject, if/when required.
* To design the Assessment Plan to ensure effective learning and coverage in accordance with course outcomes and to liaise with department colleagues to ensure that assessment plan is cohesive and sensitive to student needs.
To ensure that the overall course/subject Schemes of Work are sufficient to deliver the subject/course specification.
Person specification: All the below.
* A relevant first degree or equivalent (Essential).
* A relevant master’s degree or working towards one (Essential).
* A PG Certificate in HE (or willingness to enrol on PGCHE) or other Teaching qualification, Fellowship in HEA (Essential).
* PhD in a relevant field (Desirable).
Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level (Essential).
* Work experience within the field, specifically prior experience within public health or human services (Essential).
* Experience supervising dissertations (Essential).
* In higher education in the UK (Desirable).
* A relevant first degree or equivalent (Essential)