* Ensures that Supply scope – Manufacture & Anti-corrosion Coating Engineering / Qualification / manufacturing / Fabrication / Testing activities are performed in line with Contract requirements (including suppliers’ commitment to Local Content) and Project Specifications and obtain derogations for any deviations from Project Optimum Requirements and PPS;
* Lead the review of Line-pipe Supplier specifications, inspection & test plans and any other material / welding & coating related documents with the support of project team and EPcm Engineering team; Ensure compliance to Project Documentation Control Procedures;
* Review and instruct Technical Queries, Deviation Requests and Non-Conformance Reports;
* Coordinate / call for inspections/audits at Vendor’s facilities when necessary;
* Attends progress meetings for the line-pipe manufacture;
* Ensures updated integrated schedule and daily progress is available for use and input into planning system;
* Participates to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required;
* Monitors Pipe & Coating Mills achievements and provide in coordination with EPcm support team inputs to weekly and monthly reports and KPIs;
* Identifies potential quality, interface or schedule issue and report to Pipes Delivery Managers of main issues. Proposes mitigation plans;
* Leads, organizes and manages the assigned inspection teams. Oversees the contract internal interfaces between the Pipe and Coating Mills in a good working atmosphere. Holds daily/weekly meetings with inspectors at Pipe mills; Ensure that reporting is as per procedure;
* Ensure proper coordination with Logistics for Line-pipe delivery at FOB ports;
* Internally, co-ordinates with the Project Control team, the Engineering team, the Logistic team, the H3SE team and the Quality team. Externally, liaises and co-ordinates with the various Suppliers;
* Promotes 3C E&P. Follow up the activities of Contractor(s) and strives to optimise costs and achieve value at every opportunity;
* Ensures H3SE requirements are taken into consideration;
* Adopts and demonstrates exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and H3SE rules; implementation; participates to H3SE risk identification during pipe mill inspections/audits
* Adopts and demonstrates exemplary behaviour with regards to Ethics and project “code of conduct” policy;
* Carries out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position
* Ensuring that pipe is safely delivered (H3SE) in accordance with the approved Contract and main deviations are approved.
* Delivering the pipe within the approved budget and schedule.
* Timely delivery and handover to Logistic Contractor of pipe of the required quality.
* Business integrity in contract management and call for tender processes.
* Degree: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline
* Experience minimum 10 years in Oil & Gas Industry) with similar large-scale projects & complex environment.
* Working knowledge of the key concerned engineering disciplines (Materials and Welding)
* Able to lead a team of contractors and vendors effectively and safely to a successful project outcome.
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
* Starting date: End of Jan. 2021
* Duration: 12 months renewable
* Location: the position is initially based at EPcm contractor premises (London, UK) with frequent travel to pipe-mills locations (due to COVID, the first part will be in remote until further notice) and may relocate as the project progresses into construction activities to in-country based locations.
* Status: residential
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.