Bromley by Bow Centre
Link Worker Trainer
This is a new role to support the development and delivery of the Bromley by Bow Centre’s Social Prescribing Link Worker training offers.
Link Worker Trainer Responsibilities:
You’ll support the Social Prescribing Training and Development Manager with the delivery of the online training offer as well as other training offers. The post-holder will plan and deliver training sessions remotely, ensuring delivery and changes in content correspond against learning outcomes and criteria, as well as briefing any external and internal co-trainers ahead of delivery to ensure they have sufficient information to deliver training to customers.
You will be expected to collate feedback forms from delivery and report outcomes to the Social Prescribing Training and Development Manager as well as ensuring that learners, their employers and course commissioners have a consistent and high quality learning experience, and experience of the programme.
Link Worker Trainer Requirements:
– The job holder should have an excellent understanding of the social prescribing environment:
– A social prescribing practitioner, (minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a Social Prescribing Link Worker), with a good understanding of the NHS plans for Social Prescribing (at both a national and local level) as well a good understanding of the Voluntary and Social Enterprise (VSCE) and community setting.
– Good experience in presenting to teams, staff inductions, delivering teaching, including designing and delivering training materials and other education/training courses.
– Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively in a variety of forms with people at all levels.
– Excellent written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
– Good knowledge and understanding of training, including communicating in different ways to adapt to different learning styles
– Excellent co-ordination and organisational skills, including working with partners, ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines.
– Good analytical skills, including data entry and ability to problem solve
– Knowledge of learning and behavioural science
– Must be flexible to work off site, including occasional travel outside of London and occasional out of hours working to support the delivery of training
– High levels of proficiency in standard computing programmes (Including Excel and PowerPoint)
– Background as a Psychotherapist or trained counsellor
– Experience of delivering and assessing vocational training courses is desirable
About Bromley by Bow Centre:
The Bromley by Bow Centre is a vibrant community charity in the heart of East London. It has a national and international reputation for its highly innovative approach which inspires and empowers local people to transform their lives. The Centre delivers an incredible range of projects based on a unique model that combines social entrepreneurship, the arts, learning, social support, horticulture and holistic and integrated health programmes.
The charity supports families, young people and adults of all ages to learn new skills, improve their health and wellbeing, find employment and develop the confidence needed to achieve things they could never have dreamed of.
Location: London, E3 3BT
Job type: Part Time, Permanent (or sessional on a self employed basis)
Salary: £28,000 – £29,000 per annum
Benefits: 27 days plus 3 days Christmas Closure and 8 bank holidays, We don’t expect you to work on your birthday! Pension Scheme
You may have experience of the following: Link Work Trainer, Link Working, Social Prescribing, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, Welfare etc…… click apply for full job details