Carbon Trust (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Manager/Consultant LCA Footprinting
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing date: 27th September 2020
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and analytical professional with strong experience in Product Carbon Footprinting to join our Business Services team at the Carbon Trust. The Consultant will be responsible for leading and managing client assignments and will typically project manage 5 or more projects simultaneously, co-ordinating day to day client delivery with teams ranging from 1 to 5 colleagues on client work.
In this role, the Consultant will provide analytical rigour as well as applying project and client management skills to ensure delivery of work on time and to high standards of quality. In addition to leading the analytical process, the Consultant will frame and communicate findings and recommendations to clients, ensuring that deliverables meet their needs and expectations. Capturing and sharing knowledge, capability and skills alongside selling work to existing and new clients will be an important part of the role.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Managing projects, with responsibility for ensuring deliverables are completed on time and to budget
• Managing the relationship with client counterparts, ensuring that expectations are appropriately set and met, and dealing with issues and difficulties as they arise
• Leading the analytical process and developing deliverables that address the client’s issues and achieve the objectives of an engagement. This involves framing the problem, defining hypotheses and data requirements, and developing the analytical approach to derive business insights and recommendations. Within the context of a client engagement, Consultants will typically lead on several types of analyses and sometimes on independent assurance projects. These may include (but not be limited to): footprint-based impact analysis, business and financial analysis, scenario analysis and planning, and separate independent verification and certification projects
• Job managing and quality assuring the work and outputs of Analysts (which may include extensive data modelling on Excel, e.g. developing business models and forecasts)
• Increasingly taking the lead on business development, sales and sell-ons, expected to work both collaboratively and self-sufficiently across the Carbon Trust
• Coaching and mentoring Analysts, transferring knowledge and skills, and contributing to their professional development
• In addition, the Consultant will also contribute to practice development and institution-building efforts (e.g. knowledge development, proposition development and sales)
Key skills we are looking for:
Interviewed candidates are expected to demonstrate evidence of the following skills and abilities:
• Strong experience/expertise in Product Carbon Footprinting across a wide range of goods and services
• Experience of delivering projects in line with global footprinting guidance and standards
• Experience in multicriteria product LCAs is beneficial but not essential
• Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills (in particular where applied within a business or financial context)
• Ability to think creatively and lead the thought process
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive relationships and influence decision-making
• Commercial skills including specific experience in supporting or leading business development activity with global corporates
• Ability to think and work independently, taking the initiative and ‘ownership’ of assignments, and having excellent organisational and time management skills
• Strong proficiency in MS Office suite of tools, in particular
• Proven ability to use MS Excel for complex problem solving and analysis
• Experience in using MS PowerPoint and Word for communication and report writing
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree educated (or equivalent); graduates with at least a 2:1 level of achievement (or equivalent) are strongly preferred
• Additional relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. MBA or professional qualification) preferred but not essential
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Professional track record of achievement in areas relevant to the role’s scope of responsibilities
• Direct experience of working with corporate clients in a professional services setting is strongly preferred
• International languages are an advantage but not essential.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes may take place via video conferencing.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.