Ardmore Group is seeking Mechanical Manager to join our team and contribute to the completion of our prestigious sites in Hornsey N8. The mechanical Manager we are looking for must have a mechanical qualification, able to read drawings & Q/A, and review any issues that may occur.
Mechanical Manager must know 4 Projects system, NHBC Standards and Building Regulations (including Part B), MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel) and previously working on high-end residential projects, hands-on, dynamic, and keen to take every opportunity to fast-track your career.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· To review the programme / tracker programme, make your comments against it, read the ERs and familiarise yourself with the project, requirements, the specifications and the project drawings.
· Understand who the sub-contractors are, making sure they all have a manger that is competent and who understands the drawings and specification and can read them. Review their contract and ensure that they meet the requirements of their appointment in the Part 1 and Part 2.Identify long lead in items, and place order accurately and on-time. Coordinate with all other managers on your building regarding services and the like.
· Allocate the work correctly and efficiently with the sub-contractors, make sure they sign for the areas / common area which you assign them possession on site for, record the date and the duration permitted. Inspect works done and sign off the form once works have been completed or as per the permitted duration period, ensuring the area is returned clean, safe and undamaged. Materials found to be wasted or damaged must be recorded and the QS informed of the damage / associated costs.
· You will be familiar with current legislation, WRAS requirements, water testing requirements, Thames Water requirements for residential buildings, Health and Safety requirements, building regulations, NHBC site specific requirements and ensure that the entire Mechanical installation meets with industry standards, manufacturer requirements, specifications and guidelines
· Maintain accurate QA and have it visible in the flat. Photograph all works as required to meet with ACL requirements, NHBC building control and your QA system. All QA forms must be up to date and located in the Site Managers office for inspection by all. All QA sheets must be signed and dated.Inspect the skills of the labour / tradesmen, making sure you are satisfied with the workmanship, material used and efficiency of work and sign off on their works at the end of each task and prior to the sub-contractor leaving site.
· Manage and quality control the entire mechanical installation including the energy centre, flues, pipework, district heating, gas pipe mains connection, gas meter, gas boilers, pumps, valves, boosted cold water, water treatment systems, pressure vessels, sanitary ware, first and second fixings, MVHRs, flat ducting, HIU’s, SVP, RWP, pre-plumbing of kitchens, gullies, air handling and air conditioning equipment, chillers, underfloor heating systems, manifolds, floor insulation and screeding, acoustic layers within the UFH system,You will set-out and carry out dimensional checks against the relevant drawings flagging issues to the design team or sub-contractors as deems appropriate. You will plan and programme your works efficiently and effectively to ensure costs are minimised and programme is met. Manage and coordinate all water testing and chlorinating as required under the regulation, by Thames Water and as required by ACL. Manage and coordinate temp water supplies to site where needed and required by the site manager. Ensure the welfare is adequately supplied with clean water and all plumbed welfare is fully operational and free of leaks.
· You will ensure that tool box talks, task briefs are carried out and will regularly give tool box talks on issues which you find as unsafe practices to your sub-contractors. Where safety alerts are issued by ACL or relevant authorities, you will advise your sub-contractors and provide the necessary info / tool box talks affected. Create project specific method statements and risk assessments and ensure compliance.
· You must maintain programme and write to contractors and sub-contractors when they are failing, always copying the Project Manager, Site Manager, Design Manager and commercial manager in all emails.
· Be familiar with 4 Projects and use 4 Projects to reference the most up to date drawings, to issue drawings to your subcontractors, to mark-up drawings which issues have arisen for the Design Manager.
· Organise regular progress meetings with your sub-contractors, take minutes and issue minutes copying in your Project Manager, Site Manager, QS and Design Manager.
· Be prepared for weekly progress meetings with the Project Manager updating the programme accordingly and have a list of issues, actions and solutions for review
About Ardmore Group
The Ardmore Group is one of the largest family owned construction companies in the UK. Although we have delivered across the UK, we are best known as London’s builder given our unrivalled reputation for delivering large scale residential, hotel and regeneration schemes in London since our creation in 1974.
Ardmore has been involved in hundreds of major projects across London, including landmark buildings that have shaped the face of the capital.
We have established a major reputation for delivery of large-scale phased regeneration schemes. We were the first tier-one contractor at the Athlete’s Village for the London Olympics and are lead contractor on two of London’s largest regeneration programmes in Lewisham and Greenwich.
In addition to our expertise in the residential sector we have extensive experience in delivering bespoke luxury hotel refurbishment schemes. In 2011, we completed the luxurious Corinthia Hotel, and followed that success by delivering two of the best new hotels in the world in 2017 at the Four Seasons, Ten Trinity Square and the Ned at Poultry.
“As part of our recruitment process for all roles including employees, consultants and subcontractors, we collect and process personal data relating to job candidates and potential candidates. We explain how we use personal information in the Candidate privacy notice”.
To view our Candidate privacy notice please visit the Ardmore Group website > Working for us > Candidate privacy notice.
Ardmore are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Unsolicited CVS: in relations to speculative CVs received form providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply…… click apply for full job details