Iredell Health System
The Medical Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Employee Health in the planning, organizing and maintaining Employee Health and Wellness Services to ensure a safe environment for patients and to promote the health and safety of employees.
Schedule: Basically Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7am-3:30pm. Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30am-6pm.
• High school graduate or equivalent required. Associate Degree in Medical Assisting preferred.
• Must be a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or have successfully completed the
Assessment-based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) program through the American Association of Medical Assistants. If
not registered/certified, must complete the Assessment-based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) program upon hire. The
certifications/registrations/recognition must be current and updated before the expiration date.
• Must possess CPR certification. If not, must be willing to complete upon hire.
• Clerical experience and working knowledge of all aspects of the medical practice and medical office equipment, procedures;
instruments; safety hazards and precautions. Training in venipuncture and ability to perform venipuncture accurately.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to pay close attention to details, multi-task and excellent customer
service skills. Excellent computer skills including knowledge of business software.
• Ability to exercise skills in the area of initiative, problem solving, decision-making and multi-tasking. Ability to react calmly
and effectively in emergency situations. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Knowledge of organization policies, regulations and common safety hazard precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• The individual must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to serve, without prejudice or judgment, clients with
differing lifestyles, race, economic status, age, or religious affiliation.