Iredell Health System
The Medical Office Assistant Float is responsible for providing patient care support and assist providers as instructed by the physician, provider or site practice manager. This position will float to different areas and practices when needed. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, rendering medical care as directed by provider, all aspects of the medical office and may include responsibilities in the front office and clinical areas.
Schedule: Basically 8am-5pm, Monday – Friday.
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Must be a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or have successfully completed the
assessment-based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) program through the American Association of Medical Assistants. If
not registered/certified, must complete the Assessment-based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) program upon hire. The
certifications/registrations/recognition must be current and updated before the expiration date.
• Working knowledge of all aspects of the medical practice and medical care including examination, diagnostic and treatment
procedures; equipment and instruments; safety hazards and precautions. Training in venipuncture and ability to perform
venipuncture accurately preferred.
• Clerical experience including, but not limited to, scheduling, payments, billing/coding, medical records and a working
knowledge of all aspects of the medical office equipment. Excellent computer skills including knowledge of business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to pay close attention to details, multi-task and excellent customer
• Must be willing to provide coverage to all Iredell Physician Network (IPN) locations.
• Must maintain proficient skillsets as specified by each practice location.
• Current CPR certification or willing to complete upon hire.