The role will involve project based assignments at our London office, working within the Monitoring Trustee Team.
The Monitoring Trustee team is a small, dynamic consultancy team providing companies, advisors and regulatory authorities with advice on the design, implementation and monitoring of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and state aid cases. The role will involve work mainly with large and listed companies with turnovers in excess of £2bn. Mazars has been regularly appointed as Monitoring Trustee on global mergers.
An opportunity has arisen for an individual with excellent financial analyst skills and experience of M&A transactions to work on a number of projects with our existing team of economists and lawyers.
The role will be based in London, involving some travel to meet our international clients across Europe and beyond.
As a Senior Consultant / Assistant Manager, you will be required to:
• Monitor compliance of parties with commitments offered to competition authorities in Europe and globally (North and South America, Asia)
• Manage projects or work streams of larger projects (e.g., monitoring of divestiture processes, viability monitoring of divestment businesses and hold-separate/ring-fencing obligations)
• Assess potential purchasers of divestment businesses (e.g., review of business plans, financial resources etc.)
• Monitor behavioural commitments (e.g., prices, bundling etc.)
• Identify business development opportunities and prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the Consulting team’s sales budget.
• Assist in/lead the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies
• Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff
• 3-5 years practical experience in transaction advisory services, valuations or monitoring trustee services
• Strong academic background with financial qualifications (exam qualified) such as ACA, ACCA or CFA (or equivalent)
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data with a critical eye, generate insights and construct solutions are required
• Excellent drafting skills and communication skills both oral and written
• Communicates team goals with clarity, sets clear objectives for more junior team members, providing timely feedback and support as necessary
• Experience of being in a client-facing role with an ability to build and develop relationships with all key stakeholders
• A working knowledge of another language (German, Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese) will be advantageous
• Strong IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
We are proud of our strong European heritage, our smart and sustainable growth and of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
For more information regarding careers at Mazars please visit