London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Peabody have an exciting opportunity for a Multi Trade Operative (Carpenter) to join the team in Waltham Forest. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £27,000 per annum.
About the Multi Trade Operative (Carpenter) role:
You will assist with the Maintenance Operations in the smooth delivery of a quality customer focused service. The successful applicant will be skilled to a multi trade level to assist the `Right First Time’ culture we promise our clients. You should also be capable of promoting the PGM Brand.
Due to PGM’s exciting and ambitious growth plans, the work environment for this role is likely to be fast paced and frequently changing. To work effectively in this role, the post-holder will need to be flexible around duties and tasks undertaken and / or base location.
Responsibilities of our Multi Trade Operative (Carpenter) include:
– Day to day management of workload within voids, investment and responsive repair work streams
– Consistently demonstrate high levels of customer service and professionalism whilst undertaking refurbishment works within both tenanted and void properties
– Ensure that all works are carried out safely and to an excellent quality standard
– Updating PDA devices with work schedules and other key information as required
– To maintain our corporate image and service standards
– To communicate and be empathetic with residents
– Where necessary, dealing with residents issues and complaints in an effective manner
– Ensuring compliance with all necessary regulations, standards, and legal responsibilities relating to repair work and contractor compliance.
– Ensure a quality `right first time fix’ service is maintained
– Ensuring the effective and proactive delivery of service
– Ensuring the maintenance and delivery of any documentation required to agreed standard and timescale
– To work as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices
– Making decisions using specialist experience
– Supports and manages delivery of health and safety policy and standards
– Supports & assists the identification of the reduction of costs
– May take part in out of hours on call system as required by the service
What we’re looking for in our Multi Trade Operative (Carpenter):
– Site Operative CSCS card
– Asbestos Awareness Training
– Trade City & Guilds/ NQV qualification (Or relevant experience with strong references)
– Full UK driving License
– Multi Trade Discipline
– Experience in repairing sliding sash windows, multi point locks, general repairs to upvc and aluminium windows
– Experience in glazing works
– Experience within the maintenance environment
– At least 3 years experience in plumbing or other multi building trades. This includes tiling, carpentry, decorating, electrical, plastering etc.
– Manage Impress stock within van to minimise non working time
– Excellent ability to operate a PDA devise and update works status’s and image upload
– Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
– Basic understanding of schedule of rates
– Knowledge of the London Area
Closing date: 30th September 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Multi Trade Operative (Carpenter), please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST