Duval Associates Ltd
Soft Services Matron (RGN)- NHS CONTACT ACCOUNT MANAGER LONDON
Working across multiple NHS trust sites. making a difference.
A Full Time – Monday to Friday senior position – Permanent
Negotiable salaried role with fantastic corporate scale benefits
You want the nutshell version? Ok
You are leading the safety for patients safety across 5 sites in London, making sure the relationship between business and client from a service and safety capacity is managed and executed to perfection. To manage infection prevention and control, report findings and oversee day to day practices. There are no man management responsibilities.
This is the public sector version of a KEY ACCOUNT manager delivering care and service within the client environment at a 5 star level!
Registered nurse, recent NHC acute NHS experience, stunning communication skills, empathy, diplomacy and motivation to make a difference to patient care.
Our client provides back office support services for the hospitals across the trust which include a variety of Soft FM Services including Catering, Cleaning, Security and Portering.
We are looking to recruit for a Soft Services Matron to work across the sites on full time basis.
Being a part of the Leadership team, you will report into the Contract Director for the NHS contract, with professional accountability to the Clinical & Safety Director. In the role of Soft Services Matron you will act as a crucial interface between Health clinical teams and the employer services teams, enhancing strong partnership working with the purpose of making a positive impact on the overall patient safety and experience and ensuring vision of being Caring, Safe and Successful is achieved. LIVE AUGUST 2020 position – APPLY TODAY – Start ASAP
Takes responsibility for building customer advocacy and loyalty with all stakeholders, including Trust personnel at all levels, patients, members of the general public, Senior Managers, colleagues and employee representatives by fostering a partnership approach to relationships.
* Be proactive in seeking patients views and ensure that feedback from patients is valued and acted upon, and lessons learnt are shared, to enable changes in practice if necessary.
* Take lead responsibility for the contracts interface with Infection Prevention and Control and any actions required to address infection control issues across the contract.
* Attend patient focus groups representing you and the employer and acting on feedback received.
* Understands key business and clinical governance service drivers, actively develops and implements solutions to enhance the delivery of exceptional service and align clinical governance strategies and priorities accordingly to balance customer and business needs.
* To provide clinical leadership to the Contract such that all individuals understand and adopt the overall clinical governance strategy/plans and values so that they are successfully delivered, and our people behave internally and in the areas in which we operate in accordance with their values.
* To provide highly visible and approachable leadership and management such that all employees understand and adopt the strategy and plans and are motivated to achieve their objectives in a timely and professional manner.
* Act as a clinical role model, ensuring high standards of service are delivered.
* Participate as a full member of the Leadership Team, attending team meetings, delivering innovation, sharing good practice with other departments and contributing effectively to debates. This is not an exhaustive list; you may be asked to carry out other responsibilities within the scope of your role. A full job description is available on request.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Registered practitioner on relevant part of the NMC Register (RGN).
* Educated to degree/diploma level or equivalent.
* Evidence of ongoing post registration development, including revalidation as required.
* Mentorship and/or educational qualification.
* Evidence of consistently meeting the standards set by the NMC Code of Conduct (2015).
* Visible leader with effective negotiation skills.
* Capable of writing and presenting reports.
* Evidence of critical analysis skills.
* Recent acute NHS experience
* Demonstrable experience of ensuring compliance with CQC standards and other regulatory requirements.
A fantastic package with a negotiable basic salary – APPLY TODAY . Start asap !….. click apply for full job details