Oxford BioMedica (UK) Limited
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Human Resource team is responsible for recruitment, learning & development, employee relations, employee wellbeing, payroll and employee engagement across the business.
We are currently recruiting for a Payroll, Benefits and HR Officer to join the team. The purpose of this role is to provide proactive and efficient operational delivery support for payroll and employee life cycle activities on behalf of the HR Department. Responsible for employees of assigned business area at Oxford Biomedica. Providing second line cover for secondary business areas as necessary (holiday and sickness absence etc).
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
Employee Life Cycle – to work alongside the HR Advisers to deliver efficient HR support to a business sector
* Maintain e-files and paper files for all employee lifecycle events.
* Update and maintain HR Information Systems, ensuring data is peer checked
* Using the HRIS to deliver operational HR and payroll activity efficiencies
* Draft reference letters; post-employment references, visa references and mortgage/rent references
* Supporting HR Advisers with drafting any paperwork required for employee lifecycle changes e.g. changes to terms and conditions, long service awards/values awards, maternity/parental leave, etc.
* Monitoring the shared HR Inbox, responding to questions or directing them to the correct individuals and escalating where required, delegating work to team members when necessary
* Responding to employee queries on anything from accessing and using the HR system, holiday, benefits, how to locate appropriate policies, procedures, guidance or forms etc.
* Provide admin support in annual HR processes, such as performance and talent management, promotions and salary review and other project work
* Maintain confidentiality and operate with integrity in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and Company policies and procedures.
Payroll and Benefits Administration – to work independently to deliver an effective reward administration service for the whole company
* Collation and processing all elements of monthly outsourced Payroll accurately, and in a timely manner including joiners, leavers, salary/benefit changes, overtime, allowances, maternity/parental leave, sick pay etc..
* Maintaining systems to ensure payroll actions are brought forward and implemented appropriately
* Ensuring the appropriate checking processes are used at the appropriate stages to ensure errors are minimised
* Liaise with the external payroll provider to ensure payroll timetables are agreed and implemented and that the monthly payroll process runs smoothly, achieving the required KPIs
* Interface between internal teams, such as Finance, to ensure stakeholder data needs are fully met in an effective manner.
* Responsible for standard payroll control report and sign off processes and for supporting the review and implementation of any changes to internal reporting and control processes required to ensure risk is realistically minimised for the Company.
* Support the Finance Department with annual P11d processing.
* Maintain accurate employee benefit entitlement and membership records.
* Assist employees with payroll and benefits questions and consult with appropriate vendors and/or external benefit consultants to resolve employee issues
* Ensure payroll legislative knowledge is current and that all new pay and benefits legislation and requirements are assimilated and implemented in OXB.
* Conduct new hire employee benefits information sessions and follow up on applicable paperwork.
* Design and distribute easy, user-friendly communication materials for employees through the most appropriate routes
* Provide all appropriate pay and benefit data to the company’s total reward statement provider in a timely manner.
* Support the administration process for annual benefit renewals and employee benefit days.
* Be empowered to suggest ways in which processes can be amended to ensure efficient ways of working are adhered to.
Operational Admin Support
* All operational support including printing, scanning and filing as and when required
* Coordination and distribution of the agreed communications to the business i.e. new starters etc.
* Supporting colleagues in Talent Acquisition with the coordination of the Company Induction
* Other ad hoc duties as and when required
* Support on any audits that the HR Team are required to participate in
* Continuous improvement across all HR Admin processes
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
* GCSE Maths and English essential.
* Recognised payroll qualification.
* Up to date knowledge of relevant current UK Payroll legislation is essential as is a desire and commitment to stay informed and up to date with future changes coming down the line.
* Competent on payroll to advise employees on basic tax, pension and NI issues with their payslips and able to indicate where they might seek additional guidance
* Experience of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word etc).
* Understanding of HR processes and procedures, eg onboarding, performance management, promotions etc
* Ability to communicate and respond to employee queries in a logical, manner giving emphasis to those facts to support effective delivery of operational HR and payroll
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please
We are committed to offering highly competitive reward packages for all our staff. That’s why, every year, we benchmark our salaries and benefits against the local pharmaceutical market – by that, we mean that we compare our packages with those of other major companies in the London, Oxford, Cambridge areas.
We’re looking for highly skilled, focused individuals to help us deliver life-changing therapies to patients. It’s no mean feat, and we have to work together to make this happen.
Along the way, you’ll have a rich variety of opportunities to really develop your career. We’ll also give you a generous set of employee benefits and a competitive salary.