Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research. Through our affiliation with Maine Medical Center, we deliver an invaluable mix of patient-centered care and high technology medicine.
This is professional work providing physical therapy treatments and education to inpatients and outpatients by physician referral. Work includes patient evaluation, treatment planning and implementation, and collaboration with other medical disciplines.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from an accredited program and successful completion of clinical internship. Master’s degree in physical therapy preferred.
2. License/Certifications: Current State of Maine License as a Physical Therapist. Current BLS required.
3. Experience: Minimum two years of experience as a physical therapist.
4. Knowledge of division policies and procedures, advanced skills used in operating equipment and materials used in conducting physical therapy treatments, as well as proficiency in performing such treatments.
5. Analytical ability necessary to conduct a thorough evaluation of patient abilities and disabilities, physical strength and limitations, develop sound treatment plans, and assess patient?s progress.
6. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally in order to educate patients about their physical therapy treatments.
7. Ability to demonstrate compassion and desire to help patients.
8. Skills necessary to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team.