We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client, a major UK retail bank, provides every day banking services to over 17 million retail customers. The banks expertise and services span across Business Services, Corporate banking, Wealth Management, Group Functions, Retail and Investment Banking.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Procurement Manager – Financial Services for contract till December 2022 based hybrid in London.
Purpose of Procurement Manager – Financial Services:
* Support, develop and deliver innovative supply chain solutions that give us a competitive advantage, improves the customer experience and aligns with the organisation’s cost and risk appetite expectations
Join us as a Procurement Manager.
* We’ll look to you to give us a competitive advantage and improve our customer experience
* You’ll be supporting, developing and delivering innovative supply chain solutions that align with our cost and risk appetite expectations
* As a key member of our team, you’ll enjoy extensive collaboration and can expect great visibility for you and your work
What you’ll do
As a Procurement Manager, you’ll be supporting and implementing joined-up, global supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full contract life cycle across multiple spend categories, geographies, and business areas.
You’ll also be contributing to and executing the development and management of our supply base in line with our strategy, including owning and developing key strategic suppliers on behalf of the bank, identifying potential new suppliers and managing and improving supplier performance.
In addition to this, you’ll be:
* Delivering proactive plans and prioritising all available resource to ensure efficient delivery and management of the supply base in line with our objectives
* Undertaking contract and financial signing authority in line with published delegated levels of authority and regional variations
* Building strong networks across the supply market and other external organisations, including competitors, and developing deep insights and analysis
* Developing the stakeholder management strategy and delivering an excellent supply chain service to those stakeholders
* Supporting and implementing a deep understanding of the franchises, functions and business areas relevant to the successful supply chain strategy, and designing and delivering solutions that meet and challenge their requirements
The skills you’ll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need knowledge of the supply chain market across a variety of third party suppliers with a demonstrable track record of successfully implementing projects and continuous improvement. You’ll be educated to a degree level or equivalent, and you’ll have experience of contributing to strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts to deliver sustainable improvements.
You’ll also demonstrate:
* Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
* Experience of applying supply chain skills and techniques to positively disrupt business strategy and outcomes
* A proven track record in taking ownership for resolving issues within a supply chain services environment
* Experience of contributing to the design and implementation of a variety of supply chain models, such as offshore, outsourcing, utility and make versus buy
* Cost and financial management experience
Job Type: Temporary contract
Contract length: 6 months
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* London, Greater London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Procurement: 5 years (preferred)
* Contracts: 5 years (preferred)