Horizon Search & Selection
We are currently looking for a field-based Pump Engineer to cover North London, and the surrounding areas. For this position we are ideally seeking a candidate who has worked within a similar position before and who has previous experience of attending sites to install and fix pumps. This role is an addition to the current team and presents an exciting opportunity work with an expanding company with exciting plans for the future.
The company supply pumps to from many different industries and projects all over the UK. These include Agriculture, Building Services, Sewerage and Swimming Pool industries to name but a few. One area of their business that is expanding rapidly is pumping stations for some very impressive, large organisations. They are a very friendly and professional team and are seeking a like-minded individual who is able to look after customers in the defined area and sometimes a bit further afield too! The company are well-established and going from strength to strength making this a great time to join them.
The purpose of this role is to carry out maintenance and servicing work on pumps of all different sorts. Other duties and responsibilities will include:
* Carrying out repairs, inspections and services on pumps and controls of varying sizes and at varying locations
* Order parts as required from the depot
* Keeping the company van stocked as required
* Liaising regularly with team members in the office in order to co-ordinate site visits as required
This is a full time, permanent position and offers the opportunity to carry out work in many different environments. This role will suit an Engineer with familiarity of Pumps and controls with an electrical bias. Also someone who is happy to work based from home and to travel as required.
The following skills and attributes are required:
* A strong team player with a can-do attitude and the ability to multitask
* Brilliant communication skills
* Able to work within and adhere to H&S regulations
* Ideally have CSCS and confined spaces certifications
* Some experience within a similar environment would be preferred
* Electrical competence is a must
* A good working knowledge of various pumps and controls
* A self-starter who is happy to manage one’s own workload
The salary offered is £35,000 plus overtime but will include being on call every other weekend. To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today!
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter as well as Instagram to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news