Citywire is currently looking for a QA Engineer to join our experienced and growing Technology Team. The focus of this role is to work on some of Citywire’s most business-critical applications. The QA Engineer is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan for projects. This will include ensuring that all the requirements for the projects are met and that the solution works as expected.
A little about us… Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan, Singapore and Sydney, with expansion planned already for Paris. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
As QA Engineer your main duties will include:
– Coding automated tests to spot the most critical development errors
– Reviewing and analysing requirements
– Helping to design user stories and acceptance tests
– Documenting and carrying out manual tests
– Working closely with developers and stakeholders to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle with quick feedback loops
Job specific skills / technical skills / requirements
-Knowledge of C#.NET
– Ability to write and run automated tests
– Strong analytical skills
– High attention to detail
– Experience of working as part of an agile team
-Experience of using BDD tools such as SpecFlow or similar
– Experience of testing web applications using tools such as Selenium Webdriver or Protractor
– ISTQB certified
– Experience in performance or security testing
Who we are
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
– 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
– Flexible working options
– £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
– We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
– Eye-test and glasses allowance
– Competitive private pension scheme
– Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
– Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
– Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
– Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection and private medical and dental insurance
Check out our Youtube channel to find out more about us:
Pre-selected applicants will undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer