Rthirteen are currently searching for an Rail Engineering Tutor, to join an accredited and highly rated training organisation for a brand new arm of their delivery range. The focus of this role will be the delivery of Traction and rolling stock pathway to Rail Engineering learners up to Level 4.
This is a great opportunity for someone with either previous experience in the field who has strong knowledge with the practical elements of the role including Train Electrical systems, Schematic Drawings, HVAC systems, Radio/Cab safety systems, T&RS Braking systems, Ext & saloon Door systems. This is an excellent opportunity as a flagship role within the department to support the growth and development of the Rail qualifications provided by the learner led provider.
Your duties will include:
* Delivering the Level 3&4 EAL Rail Engineering Traction and Rolling stock qualifications
* Planning and delivering training sessions to learners in a group setting, utilising industry experience and practical experience
* Participating in virtual conferences and remote calling using eLearning platforms due to current situation until conditions loosen.
* Longer term visiting learns at their place of work to complete field-based assessments (travel will be expected to North London, Romford and Clacton – with potential further travel to Norwich and Ipswich).
* Ensuring learners are fully supported throughout their time with the organisation.
* Providing relevant feedback to learners and helping them work towards and achieve their goals.
* Maintaining accurate documentation and paperwork ensuring these are all returned correctly by set deadlines.
You will have/be:
* A1, TAQA or CAVA qualification (or equivalent) essential.
* A minimum of 6 months Previous teaching/assessing experience.
* A minimum of 3 years Rail industry experience.
* Proven Knowledge and familiarity with the Traction and Rolling Stock pathway.
* Hold EAL L4 Certificate in Track and Rolling Stock Systems
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Confident in delivery skills both one on one and in a group setting.
* Ability to add value to learners through teaching and engagement methods.
* Organised, ability to manage own workload effectively.
**You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB check for this position**
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday. The hours are either 8:30am-5:00pm or 9:00am-5:30pm. The offered salary is £highly competitive and negotiable dependant on experience and qualification level. A competitive benefits package which includes 20 days holiday which increases incrementally, pension, access to Bupa cash-plan, mileage, employee assistance program.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Cockerton -Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals – we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details,and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate
Job Title:Rail Engineering Tutor/Assessor (Traction &, Rolling Stock)