Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
Sales Consultant – Field Based
London, East Anglia, Essex and Hertfordshire Areas
Swale Heating are one of the biggest and most recognised heating specialists in Kent. We have been in operation for over 45 years, meeting the heating needs of the South East of England. We are trusted by our customers to keep them safe and warm, every day of the year.
We are now looking to recruit a target driven Sales Consultant to maximise sales opportunities of new boiler and central heating systems, doing so by providing the highest possible level of service to potential and actual private installation customers. This highly desirable position will be field based in and around the East Anglia, Essex and Hertfordshire areas
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Sales Consultant will help the company optimise profitability from the opportunities available by representing the company in a professional manner and providing prompt and accurate surveys and quotations in the format requested.
You will help create a winning team that is complimented on its high quality of work, customer service excellence and efficiency
We offer a competitive salary plus commission and benefits which include :
Pension, buy and sell annual leave scheme, discounted gym, cinema and shopping vouchers, Employee Assistance Programme, discounted healthcare plan, career development and a great working environment.
Skills & Experience Required:
· Minimum 3 years of Direct Sales experience in a project based technical field, preferably in the heating, plumbing or electrical sector
· Full Clean UK Driving Licence
· Demonstrable successful track record in sales with strong customer orientation
Additional sought qualifications:
· ISM/City & Guilds Sales Qualification or similar
· Inhouse commercial or customer service training focusing on the building industry or similar
· CCN1, CENWAT, CPA1, CKR1, HRT1, Energy Efficiency
· Solar Thermal, Unvented Hot Water, Air Source Heat pumps, Ground Source Heat Pumps,
· OFTEC, HETAS, SSSTS, LPG.
· Gas Safe Registered
· Attending booked and pre-qualified appointments as promptly as possible and carrying out detailed technical and sales surveys for our retail customers.Record all the information necessary including the materials to be utilised.
· Providing swift and accurate quotations, including pricing to our customers utilising the tablet-based survey system and the administrative support provided.
· Ensure all customer enquiries and queries are promptly answered and contain all the necessary information adhering to GDPR guidelines.
· Communicating on a daily basis to the sales office to make them aware of sales, problems, delays or any other relevant information.
· Making every effort to sell new central heating systems and boilers to as many customers as possible using all the tools available including our finance offers, warranty cover and the standards of service provided by the company.
· Providing technical advice and assisting in that respect when necessary during the running of the sales department.
· Learn as much as possible about the nature of the business suggesting and making improvements to existing procedures at the regular weekly sales meetings.
· First line of contact for engineers who carry out the installations for your customers.
· Monitor KPI’s and take responsibility for your area scores.
· Post sales queries.
· Maintain quotation pipeline – ensuring open leads are contacted until closed
· Utilise first-hand and industry experience of installing and maintaining heating systems to provide accurate and respected independent advice to our customers to provide the best possible heating and hot water demand solutions.
· When the business requires, carry out Social Housing surveys to a defined specification
Location & Travel:
This role is field based in and around London, East Anglia, Essex and Hertfordshire Areas
Hours of work:
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Core Office Hours: Monday to Friday between 8:00am to 5:30pm
This position is commission based.
If you are interested in the role then please apply. If you would like further information, contact the recruitment team on .
Please note, CV’s are viewed on receipt.Therefore, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.