Vitality, Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst, London, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
– Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
– Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
– Personal health fund + Life Assurance
– Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
– 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
– Flexible benefits package
– Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
– A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Our Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst will play a vital role in the VitalityLife reinsurance team by helping the team meet all treaty deadlines, contribute to reinsurance tenders and analyse claims experience. You will be working with actuaries and actuarial analysts in the UK, systems analysts in South Africa, and UK based reinsurers.
Responsibilities as our Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst:
– Assist in the testing and sign-off of policy & reinsurance system releases from an actuarial product development perspective
– Assist in ensuring that the reinsurance premium calculations are correct and that monthly accounts are produced in line with all treaty requirements
– Ensure the system architecture is in line with the specification in the product design stage
– Work with the product development team on product changes from a reinsurance perspective
– Identify areas where the systems are not built according to the specification and rectify them with the support of the system developers
– Production of results and analysis for reinsurance tenders, treaty amendments, distribution quality management, and experience analysis
– Build good relationships with reinsurers and interact with them regularly
– Prepare relevant documentation for regular review meetings with reinsurers
– Communicate the project progress to management and project stakeholders
Skills and experience required to become our Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst:
– Nearly qualified Actuary
– Advanced skills working in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
– Experience working with Prophet Professional
– Experience of data analysis
– Experience working with Prophet DCS
– Experience coding in R
– Experience of working with reinsurance accounts
– Experience of working in an actuarial team
– Excellent data analysis skills
– Excellent relationship building – with both internal colleagues and external partners
– Excellent communication skills, both formal and informal
– Ability to grasp concepts of a technical nature quickly, with a sound understanding of the underlyingbusiness environment
– Ability to multi-task, managing several projects concurrently
– Flexibility, ability to investigate and reconcile differences in output
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th September 2020
Working for Vitality, you’ll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Reinsurance Actuarial Analyst, thenplease click ‘apply’ today…… click apply for full job details