Research and Development Project Manager – £45k to £60k -Homes based role/remote working
Our client are looking for a Research and Development Project Manager to join their team. Whilst their headquarters are in Sussex the business has embraced remote working and has seen high levels of productivity through these strange times with staff working from home. You will be degree educated and have a clinical research background, preferably in a medical or technology-based industry, with Innovate UK funding experience. They will already be an experienced project manager and comfortable working in small, highly utilised, multi-disciplinary teams.
The key responsibilities of the Research and Development Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Taking responsibility for the application, planning, and management (GANTT) of the company’s grant funded projects including resource management (workload), financial management and progress reporting.
* Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements in accordance with study protocols, requiring a working knowledge of relevant EU Medical Device Directives and global standards
* Managing project documentation (goals, requirements, tasks) to ensure outcomes can be measured
* Project risk identification and management
* Project partner and sub-contractor management
* A degree level education
* PRINCE certified or equivalent (but also comfortable working with Agile dev teams)
* A minimum of four years’ industry experience, able and willing to confidently make decisions within the boundary of your remit
* Technology/Medical background
* Ability to work independently managing one’s workload efficiently, whether remotely or face to face but also as part of a team
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Strong Microsoft office skills, including at least intermediate Excel skills
Good to have:
* Experience in project managing clinical trials
* Experience of project managing software, firmware and hardware teams
* Understanding of medical devices
* Strong project management accounting and financial skills
* Experience of working with Innovate UK and/or other UK and European research funding bodies
* Passion for a growing technology business and willing to champion the brand with internal and external stakeholders
* Confidence in a variety of grant awarding body external systems, in addition to internal software tools such as Atlassian, Jira and Xero
This vacancy is being managed exclusively by ARC IT Recruitment. Please feel free to call or simply send your CV now. This is a home based role with the requirement to come to Sussex once a month.
It matters not if you live in Manchester, London, Birmingham or Bristol!
Job Title:Research and Development Project Manager