South East London, Greater London
Senior Building Surveyor required to join a thriving SME consultancy environment – Highly competative salary.
Due to increasing work we have an opportunity for an experienced traditional Senior Building Surveyor to join our multi-disciplinary practice. You will lead on Project coordination, contract administration and perform general surveying duties. Due to the responsibilities and nature of the role, you must be MRICS qualified and have a relevant degree. You will be primarily working on housing refurbishments and residential projects worth up to 5 million pounds.
* Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions.
* Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
* Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
* This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, deliver presentations and attend resident meetings. There may a requirement to attend out of hour’s meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
* You will be required to mentor junior staff and provide support where needed.
* The role will require you to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Due to the nature of the role you must have a minimum of five years’ experience.
* You must be MRICS qualified and have a relevant degree and ensure you maintain your CPD to keep up to date with legislative changes in the built environment..
* Experience of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles).
* Party Wall and building pathology / defects diagnosis.
* Demonstrate good oral and written communication as the role is client facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
* You will need to manage client expectations skillfully and bring solutions to challenging situations.
* Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
* You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
* Ability to use AutoCAD preferable.
* Already working at this or similar level in a multi-disciplinary consultancy practice.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.