South East London, Greater London
Senior Building Surveyor required to join a strong consultancy in South East London.
My client are on the lookout for a Senior Building Surveyor due to an excess project load, which is great to hear in this current environment.
They operate mostly in the residential sector, but have good footings in the education and commercial projects as well on both newbuild and refurbishment.
* Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions.
* Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
* Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
* This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, deliver presentations and attend resident meetings. There may a requirement to attend out of hour’s meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
* You will be required to mentor junior staff and provide support where needed.
* At least 5 years experience working in a consultancy environemt.
* MRICS is highly desired, however, candidates close to gaining chartership will be considered.
* Experience in the residential sector is key, on both newbuild and refurb.
* Party Wall.
* Contract Admin – full JCT suite.
* Defect diagnosis.
* Design work – proficient in AutoCAD.
The role offers excellent renumeration, as well as benefits package (includes healthcare, agile working etc.). Progression within the business is highly encouraged, with reviews being at two points in the year.