£60,000 to £90,000 basic salary plus bonus and benefits
We are currently supporting a successful specialist consultancy that provides expert witness and dispute resolution services in the construction sector. They advise an international, primarily legal client base supporting them in complex litigation and dispute related assignments, helping to resolve large scale construction and engineering projects all over the world. They investigate the causes of time and cost overruns on multi billion pound programs, and distressed capital projects in energy, infrastructure and building.
It’s current team of Experts, headquartered in London, include some of the most high profile in the sector providing advice in relation to projects in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. This highly successful, respected and growing business is currently looking to add an additional Senior Consultant to its Quantum team. Ideally someone with existing experience of claims and ideally some exposure to expert witness work or a desire to work in this area also. This represents an exceptional opportunity for someone to work in a very talented team, at the highest level and continue to develop themselves in a highly respected practice.
· Expertise on major or complex live building, power, transport, IT or civil engineering projects as a Quantity Surveyor
· Degree qualified and ideally MRICS+.
· Preferably working knowledge or qualifications in Construction Law and related principles
· Knowledge and experience of different claims analysis and management techniques
· Enthusiastic team player with positive social & interpersonal skills.
· Ideally your background will stem from working at a senior level with a major contractor or consultant claims specialist in the building, infrastructure, oil & gas or power sector.
· Ideally working knowledge of one or more of the main forms of contract i.e. ICE, JCT, NEC, FIDIC, EPC
· Experience of or exposure to Claims, Disputes, Adjudication / Arbitration and writing responses / referrals
· Excellent communication and technical skills with a strong commercial attitude
· Excellent problem solving skills with an analytical mind
· Excellent report writing skills and English language
· Exposure to or experience of, or an interest in either supporting or being an Expert Witness in arbitration or litigation.
If this opportunity is of interest or should you wish to explore further, please don’t hesitate to make contact and we can help with any other information needed, both on a career within this specialist area of work but also the culture and requirements of this particular organisation. All applications are treated with the utmost discretion and strictly confidential…… click apply for full job details