Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
About the role
NHBC have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Financial Risk Analyst to join their Risk Management team. The role of the Senior Financial Risk Analyst is to support NHBC development and implementation of its financial risk management plan and support NHBC capital management framework.
The Risk function falls within the Risk and Compliance department which is led by Chief Risk Officer. The candidate will work closely with the wider business including actuarial, investment, underwriting and finance departments.
– Support the development and implementation of the financial risk plan and support NHBC capital management capabilities.
– Support the risk management framework as appropriate e.g. contributing to risk reporting, risk register assessment and regulatory horizon scanning from a prudential risk perspective
– Collaborate with other members of the department in order to deliver the team objectives
– Lead on the communication and reporting of key risk and capital related analyses to senior managers
– Support the function’s Internal Model Approval Process (IMAP) from a second line perspective
– Support other actuarial requirements as appropriate via the sharing of knowledge and information, peer review and via specific work activities
– Project manage the annual external review of NHBC reserves
– Support the delivery of the ORSA process and its key underlying assessments i.e. scenario modelling, sensitivity testing and recovery and resolution plan
– Review and challenge key processes and controls (including model assumptions, methodology and limitations) relating to:
– Technical prvisions & UK GAAP reserves
– Business planning
– Asset & liability management
– Liquidity management
– Pensin fund management
-Contribute to the capital management strategy of NHBC e.g. through providing insight into the drivers of capital, sensitivities and model limitations
-Support business use of the internal model through interactions with the wider business aimed at increasing understanding and interpretation of model outputs
-Lead on the development of NHBC second line data strategy
-Demonstrable experience or equivalent of actuarial work related to capital, pricing or reserving gained in a general insurance company or consultancy
-Proven interactions with stakeholders at senior levels
-Relevant degree ort equivalent for actuarial work (minimum 2:1)
-Actuarial examination progress – we would typically expect the CT and CA/CP series to be complete, with SA and ST series remaining
-Ideally experience with actuarial modelling software (eg Emblem, Remetrica, Igloo, Tyche etc.)
-Preferably experience with analytical software (eg SAS, R, etc)
-Strong problem-solving skills
-Excellent IT skills across MS office (Excel etc.)
-Excellent prioritisation skills
-Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
-Knowledge of actuarial techniques, market practice, relevant legislation and insurance market environment, awareness of emerging market developments
-A proactive self-starter, team player, innovative and open to challenge
-Accurate and diligent
Salary & Benefits
– £52,000.00 – £54,5000.00 per annum
– Up to 6% performance related bonus.
– 25 days pa annual leave with option to purchase one additional week per year.
– Pension scheme to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution).
– Equalised Paternity, Maternity and Adoption Leave.
– Life assurance of 4 x salary.
– Subsidised private medical insurance.
– Cycle purchase scheme.
– High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
– Employee assistance programme.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Always happy to talk flexible working
We encourage employees to work flexibly in different ways including home working, field working and both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. We don’t promise we can offer you what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working. In the interview process we’ll discuss this more with you. NHBC has offices in London, Milton Keynes, Edinburgh and Belfast.
Diversity and Inclusion
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team. Underlying our overall commitment to equality is the fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected – Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human – Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive – Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together…… click apply for full job details