Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join Mitie’s Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC) in a new role within the rapidly evolving and growing team. This role will be focused on developing, owning and delivering a new bespoke service line for Mitie’s London-based strategic customers. The role holder will be tasked with developing this new, high profile service, supporting some of Mitie’s most important customers in the city.
The GSOC’s remit is to provide an open-source intelligence (OSINT) capability to Mitie, and for Mitie’s clients. The GSOC is responsible for the identification of potential threats to our client’s employees and business operations and the delivery of timely, actionable threat intelligence for the purpose of informing and facilitating our clients’ decision-making process so identified threats can be mitigated. The GSOC also provides major incident communications support in response to a significant incident and bespoke, digital investigation services in response to unique and individual security requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an OSINT, crime or security intelligence-related environment, either within law enforcement, military, government or the private sector. You will be a confident and assertive decision-maker with the ability to work in a highly dynamic, agile environment, with excellent judgement and written communication skills. Hands-on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion to provide excellent threat reporting to assist client security decision-making and improve business resilience.
Salary: £38-42,000 dependent on experience
It’s the little things that count –
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.