Senior Property Manager – Block
Location: Home Based and / or option to be based out of an office at either CW9 7UD or M2 3WQ. You must also be prepared to go to our London office c.1 day a week.
Salary: £30k – £35k + Benefits PA
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 09:00 – 5.30pm Monday to Friday, plus occasional evening meeting attendance
An interesting, challenging and rewarding job opportunity has arisen within a well-established firm of Chartered Surveyors, Commercial Property Managers and Residential Block Managers with offices in London, Manchester and Cheshire.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Property Manager, or someone looking to take their first senior role, to join our Residential Block Management department, where you will be managing a varied portfolio of Residential Blocks located across London and the South East, some of which also encompass commercial premises e.g. shops and offices.
The majority of the time your role will be home based but there is the option of attending / basing yourself in either our Central Manchester or our Cheshire office if preferred. You will also be expected to attend our London office, based in Mayfair, for a minimum of 1 day per week. You will have your train costs met and also overnight accommodation costs will be provided if/as necessary. During your time in London, you will be expected to visit the Residential Blocks you manage to inspect them as well as to meet with Residents, Block Directors, Contractors etc on a needs basis.
Ad hoc Residential Block related meeting attendance is also a requirement of the role. Please note that occasionally these meetings take place in the evening and you must be available to attend on this basis, although attendance can usually be undertaken virtually via Teams.
Senior Property Manager – Block – The Role
You will be effectively and proactively managing all aspects of a portfolio of Residential Blocks, some of which also include commercial premises. You will do this to the highest standards with an approach that is underpinned by good practice but which is also in accordance with the RICS Codes of Practice, ARMA rules, Landlord and Tenant legislation as well as the relevant Management Agreement. Your tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Liaising with Block Directors, Residents/Leaseholders, Landlords/Tenants, Contractors and others e.g. Local Authorities on a range of issues by phone, email & face to face
• Carrying out property inspections on an ongoing basis, ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are maintained and compliance is achieved etc
• Reporting on, responding to and resolving block related issues to the satisfaction of all
• Attending meetings with Block Directors, and drafting minutes from these for approval
• Preparing and agreeing Annual Service Charge Budgets, monitoring and managing these on an ongoing basis including authorising invoices, producing reports, advising re arrears and producing timely Year End Accounts
• Sourcing Contractors to undertake both ongoing and one-off maintenance works as well as emergency repairs and then monitoring and managing their work on an ongoing basis
• Drafting and serving Section 20 notices and subsequently tendering and managing Major Works projects linked to block maintenance and improvement
• Dealing with leaseholder enquiries and analysing leases in order to answer enquiries, respond appropriately and ensure that lease compliance is maintained
• Supporting any on-site and off-site Porter / Caretaking staff based at Residential Blocks
• Responding to pre-assignment enquiries and sending out appropriate packs / information
• Providing accurate, meaningful and effective information to all parties in a timely manner
• Maintaining accurate records of all of the above activities which will involve working closely with support staff and utilising appropriate software packages i.e. Qube and Fixflo
• Seeking out new Residential Block Management opportunities
Senior Property Manager – Block – Skills and Experience
You will have:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in all aspects of Residential Block Management including Health and Safety and financial management encompassing insurance claims
• Ideally, a recognised professional qualification relevant to the property sector, such as Associate or Member of Institute of Residential Property Management
• Knowledge of rules, regulations and legislation surrounding Residential Block Management including Assured Shorthold Tenancies, Section 20 etc.
• Proven work experience in a busy and target driven business environment
• A commitment to providing high levels of client care whilst also oriented to profitability
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
• Negotiation, report writing and presentation skills, as you will be liaising with a wide range of individuals and organisations
• An extremely well organised approach with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask, as well as deal with new issues as they occur
• A self-motivated, can-do attitude and be able to work accurately, calmly and productively under pressure in order to meet deadlines
• A reliable, resourceful, resilient approach that is practical and solution focused
• The ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Strong numeracy skills coupled with business acumen as you will be managing budgets, reviewing quotes, organising Year End accounts etc
• An excellent grasp of IT as you will be using Microsoft Office packages i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel as well as bespoke Property Management software packages QUBE and Fixflo.
Senior Property Manager – Block – Benefits
In return for your commitment and dedication, we offer a
• Competitive salary of up to £35k per annum plus a bonus scheme
• Travel allowance and overnight accommodation and subsistence provided for during your London attendance (as appropriate)
• Laptop and Mobile Phone
• Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Commitment to staff training and development and CPD
• Real chance for progression and increased responsibility
• Varied working approach so home working and pleasant office environments when attending
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “Apply” today and forward an up to date copy of your CV along with a Covering Letter for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please…… click apply for full job details