The RPC Group
The Company and the Role:
Trusted Senior Systems Engineer opportunity with an integrated security solutions provider to Critical National infrastructure and Militaries all around the world utilising a variety of inhouse sensor systems and networked multi-sensor systems.
This pioneering company are based in North London, manufacturing equipment for the public and private sectors safety and security needs across the globe.
Due to continued expansion another Senior Systems Engineer is required in the security solutions business unit.
Key Features of the Role:
* Design networked multi-sensor systems, defining hardware and software changes and delivering a suite equipment to be installed are all part of the systems engineer’s responsibility.
* Offer technical support to Sales and Marketing including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
* Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
* All aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from ‘System Concept’ through to ‘Delivery and Acceptance’, ‘Bid Support’, ‘System Design’ and ‘System Integration’.
* Senior Systems Engineer is expected to understand a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical and Electrical).
* Able to communicate to all internal and external stakeholders the process from start to finish. Including expectations and challenges.
* Complete system designs and integration tests, from concept through to delivery.
* Expectation to travel within the UK and overseas at short notice as part of the role with periods up to 6 weeks as required.
* Attendance at conferences and seminars and where appropriate, through the presentation and publication of technical papers
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be UK resident for the last 5 years and either a GB or EU passport holder, with clean UK driving licence and own vehicle.
* Extensive knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
* Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis and experience of sensor integration into varied platforms.
* Technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
* Knowledge of Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking or electro optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
* Accomplished Senior Systems Engineer or Systems Engineer with experience in system designs, integration and testing and ‘whole product lifecycle’.
* Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical and Electrical) supported by practical and theoretical experience, a Degree in Engineering / Mathematics / Physics or equivalent relevant experience.
* Led multi-skilled engineering teams and physically able to carry out the job role
What’s on Offer:
Senior Systems Engineer / Security will be offered a competitive basic salary based on the preferred candidate’s knowledge and skill set.
A complimentary range of excellent benefits and amazing career progression within a global corporate company.
Overtime options with a potential to double your salary, or days off in lieu.
Additional down time between national and international travel to client sites.
Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
Life Assurance Cover.
Employee Assistance Programme – Consisting of a legal, bereavement assistance, medical information services and counselling helplines.
Healthshield Scheme – Designed to assist employees with dental, optical, physiotherapy, complementary therapies, specialist consultations, tests, chiropody, and health screening costs. This also includes additional benefits for hospital patient care, stays and surgeries.
Personal Accident Protection and quick payment of claims.
Membership of fitness centres and corporate rates.
Costco card at heavily discounted price for all employees.
Cycle Scheme and cycle to work scheme. Flu vaccination. Childcare vouchers. Optical allowance. Subsidised restaurant.
The Travel Club with free membership and a wide range of discounts across many holiday destinations and excursions. Plus £100 off your first booking and access to the VIP lounge.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with experience of integrated security solutions.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and
4exMilitary Jobs Ltd is at the forefront of supplying military leavers and ex-military personnel working in logistics and supply chain, facilities management, catering, hospitality and life support services, military and defence support services, aviation and aerospace, IT and telecoms, fuel supply and distribution, security, retail, wholesale and PX, QA / QC and food safety, health and safety, HR, training and instructors, wealth management, engineering and construction, naval, port and marine- Worldwide!
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, many of which are not advertised.
If you are about to leave the Armed Forces or are ex-military seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable