We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and analytical Senior Trusts and Grants Manager to join our team at our head office in London.
Salary: £40,000- £42,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Location: 175 St John Street, London, EC1V 4LW
Full time- 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
Interview dates: Friday 04th September and Monday 07th September 2020
Place2Be is the leading children’s mental health charity. We provide mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is our Royal Patron and Place2Be is one of the founding charity partners of Heads Together. We also work collaboratively with a range of charities and expert organisations to leverage best-in-class knowledge and expertise to inform, develop and improve outcomes for the children, families and schools we support
The Senior Trusts Manager is a new role working closely with the Head of Trusts & Grants. You will have the chance to build relationships with and secure six and seven figure grants from some of the largest UK and worldwide charitable trusts, UK government sources e.g. the Tampon Tax fund, and other public sector funding sources e.g. People’s Postcode Lottery (PPL).
The Trusts & Grants team is small but dynamic consisting of a Head of Trusts & Grants, a Trusts Manager and a Trusts Officer. We have achieved significant growth in the past few years, securing several six and seven figure grants – the team had an income target of £4.1m at the start of the year and has a target of £4.3m for next FY – and there is huge potential to grow the income of the team with support from an empowering Director of Fundraising, a committed and invested CEO and a well-connected and effective Development Board.
You will bring a confident attitude to the team and help deliver income growth during this exciting period of opportunity for the organisation.
In this Senior Trusts Manager role, you will:
– investigate potential trust funders and public sector funders to support Place2Be via prospect research
– focus on writing compelling, detailed fundraising applications and reports for trust and statutory funders, ranging from shorter applications and updates to comprehensive applications
– support the development and implementation of the trusts, public sector and statutory fundraising strategy
– develop effective relationships with trusts and statutory contacts through telephone, email and face to face contact and managing own portfolio of funders, providing excellent stewardship
– generate significant funds- an agreed income target of around £1m annually
Skills & Experience – Senior Trusts Manager:
– demonstrable experience of raising at least six figure grants from charitable trusts/ government funders/ other public sector funders
– excellent writing skills, methodical and able to produce accurate work to a high professional standard
– strong understanding of project budgets used to ensure the details are accurate
– previous experience within a busy and fast moving environment with completing deadlines
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
– Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
– Robust Learning and Development Programme
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
– Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
– Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling – you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Trusts and Grants Manager role, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in. All successful applicants to clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG…… click apply for full job details