Plan-Net is responsible for all IT support services for a prestigious client in central London, the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Desk Manager to lead this service onsite . Key Responsibilities
The following key responsibilities are associated to the role, although it should be noted that this is not an exhaustive list:
· Overall responsibility and accountability for the day to day service delivered to a prescribed set of Service Level Agreements.
· Line Management responsibility of a small team
· Conducting 121s and appraisals.
· On-going performance monitoring and control to ensure that service levels are achieved and exceeded.
· Initial point of escalation for customer’s Global Service Delivery Director, particularly for any issues that arise.
· Overall responsible for ensuring Plan-Net’s services to the customer are delivered to a high level of quality and to contractual SLAs.
· Act as overall Incident Manager and ensures tickets are managed, escalated and resolved according to defined process and to agreed performance targets.
· Overall responsibility for co-ordination of International 3rd Party Support providers to ensure effective support in International offices.
· Plan and ensure delivery of international site visits and ongoing international engagement.
· Planning & co-ordinating office moves.
· Participation in Change Control and Problem Management meetings.
· Attendance at monthly Service Review meetings.
· Run and update the Continuous Service Improvement Plan.
· Advising client on service/incident trends, training needs and potential efficiencies.
· Co-ordination of any relevant Professional Service projects.
· Covering for the Plan-Net SDM during annual leave/absence at the monthly service review if required.
· Reporting on team performance to senior management.
· Maintaining good communication and relationship with the client.
· Monitoring and anticipating business trends and requirements.
· Building relationships with key contacts/stakeholders and 3rd parties.
· At least 3 years operating in an IT Management / leadership position, preferably within End-User IT Support, Desktop Support etc.
· Good broad technical knowledge, particularly around end user desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
· Clear leadership abilities and motivational skills to bring the best out of a small mixed-skilled team.
· A clear understanding of what constitutes an excellent IT service and the ability to direct and influence resources in order to deliver it.
· A successful track record of delivering and managing technical support services and technical infrastructure for a demanding user base.
· Knowledge of ITIL principles, processes and structures.
· An ability to shape and develop the service to ensure it continues to meet the needs of its users.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· The ability to present ideas and business propositions effectively to people at all levels of seniority within organisations.
· Effective staff coaching and mentoring skills.
· Stringent attention to detail.
· The ability to combine strategic and tactical thinking, and to understand when each is most appropriate.
· Decisive and effective conflict management…… click apply for full job details