Solihull, West Midlands
Service Desk Team Leader
We are a UK based, award-winning, IT services, and technology company with over 25 years’ experience. We provide a range of IT support and Microsoft-centric, business software, and cloud solutions to help mid-market organisations modernise their IT so they can compete and win in the digital economy. More than 300 clients trust us to take responsibility for part, or all, of their IT from solution design to support.
Acora has its Head Office in Burgess Hill, West Sussex as well as locations in London, Bletchley and Solihull. We are operating as normal, although remotely currently and offer flexibility in our approach. We are growing, ambitious and hard working. Our desire is to be an employer of choice with happy and fulfilled employees. Training, development and wellbeing are important aspects of our people focus.
Is to provide the mid-market with an outstanding customer experience through innovation and great people and become the leading provider of IT services within 4 years.
We aim to do this by being Game Changers in that market, providing outsourced IT services that cater to the ever-changing needs of the most dynamic, visionary, agile businesses that want to develop and improve themselves. We will provide them with the freedom to flex strategically, adapt faster, and seize opportunity – supported at every step by an expertly managed IT strategy.
We will grow with our clients in mutually beneficial relationships, building better businesses through understanding the drivers of our Customer’s long-term success
At Acora, we are proud to share the values we live by. They’re not abstract concepts. Our values define our culture: they act as a promise to our customers and a constant challenge to ourselves;
– Be the best you can be
– We do what we say
– Together we win
– Defying expectation
About the Service Desk Team Leader role
The primary function of the role is to lead the day to day operations of the Service Desk ensuring that Service performance meets targets at all times. This will be achieved by managing, developing, inspiring and motivating the Service Desk Team to provide premium customer service and high quality support services.
The individual will work alongside the End User Computing Manager, interfacing over analyst training and development, holiday cover planning for analysts and onsite teams and resolving/escalating resource issues impacting delivery of BAU services.
Given the current pandemic the majority of our teams are working extremely successfully from home. Whilst based from our Solihull operation, much of the induction will be delivered remotely, using the opportunity to meet colleagues face to face where / when it is safe to do so.
Key responsibilities of our Service Desk Team Leader:
– Perform monthly 121s with each team member and manage day to day staff issues
– Complete quality assessments of the Service Desk Analysts with both ticket quality and phone quality
– Initiate and implement service improvements
– Provide monitoring/coaching to enable the personal development of the Service desk analysts
– Ensuring the rota for the team is kept up to date and appropriate for the demands of the Service.
Reporting – You will ensure the creation and delivery of daily/weekly/monthly reports for the service.
Service Management – Ensure that all requests for Service, be they telephony, email or face to face are responded to within agreed timescales and that sufficient analyst capacity is maintained at all times.
Complaints Management – Ensure all formal complaints to the Service Desk are recorded, reviewed and resolved in line with the Formal complaints process.
Escalation Management – You will be responsible for coordinating all internal and external escalations, ensuring they are appropriate, timely and fully documented
Training – Ensuring completion of Service Desk analyst training across all services, in order to:
Meet BAU targets
Meet future needs of the business
Ensure resolution and Quality rates are in line with client/business demands.
Experience required by our Service Desk Team Leader:
– At least 1 years’ experience in a Service Desk leadership role
– Technical knowledge of and previous experience of supporting technologies including:
– Windows 10
– Mobile Devices
– Office 2016 / 365
– Previous use of a Ticket Management system
– 2+ years’ experience in Service Desk remote support of corporate clients
– Good understanding of Incident/Request management and ticket handling
– Experience of working to SLA’s and KPI measures
– Experience of using/contributing to a Knowledge base
– ITIL Foundation Certificate Accreditation
– Knowledge of Legal Applications – Document Management, Digital Dictation would be an advantage
Candidates will have the following capabilities/background:
– The ability to work in both our (Solihull/Bletchley) Desk locations
– Eligibility to live and work in the UK
Key competencies for this Service Desk Team Leader role:
– Energy, Drive & Initiative
– Communication Skills
– Customer Service skills
– Impact/Self Confidence
– Organisation Skills
– Technical skills
– Decision-making Attention to Detail (Quality Management)
Lead / Mentor people
In general, you can visit Acora online without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information such as your name and e-mail address, to correspond with you and fulfil your request.
If you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity click ‘apply‘ to join us as our Service Desk Team Leader!….. click apply for full job details