Matchtech will be collaborating with several Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractors for the upcoming HS2 main works, and we will have multiple long-term contract opportunities for Site Agent with existing highways experience.
* Leadership in the delivery of all construction within their section of works whilst maintaining the highest standards of delivery in line with the programme, budget, quality, environmental, health & safety
* Day to day control of site management including maintaining a safe site, site set-up and compliance with safe methods of work and regulations.
* *Ensuring that H&S is given the highest priority.
* *Managing the shift patterns of the project team to ensure that shift handover is carried out effectively and efficiently.
* *Manage the supply chain ensuring that delivery is done efficiently and in accordance with the Safety and Environmental aspirations of the contract.
* Coordination between subcontractors.
* Manage the order and control of necessary materials, suppliers and storage required for the works programme and this is fully communicated to the logistics team.
* Carry out material reconciliations and provide reports on waste avoidance and inefficiencies to optimise project return.
* Ensure records and diaries are recorded and kept for work performed, problems experienced, labour force within each area, verbal communications to/from client, subcontractor and third parties.
* Ensure quality procedures are in place and adhered to. Provide Inspection and Test Plans for all works and ensure relevant checks are carried out and records compiled for handover packages, management of non-conformance reporting and ensuring that non-conformances are closed out.
This is an excellent contract opportunity for a contractor who has good highways knowledge and would like to work for a tier 1 or tier 2 contractor. The contract will take place between Birmingham and London, easily accessible for candidates based in the South East, Midlands and Home Counties.
Skills & Experience:
* A Degree, Bachelors, MSc or HND in Civil Engineering
* Knowledge and experience of Highways standards and procedures