Ardmore Group is seeking a Site Engineer to join our team and contribute to the completion of our prestigious sites in Hornsey N8.
In depth knowledge of RC frame, structural steel, temporary works, civils and drainage.
Site Engineer who can manage, quality control the setting out for the structure, groundwork’s, drainage, services, grid lines for sub-contractors; review and ensure structural and architectural drawings are coordinated, new service and drainage connections are properly coordinated and set- out accurately
Site Engineer we are looking for must have BSc in Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent, at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position with a main contractor and practice experience in multi storey new builds, developer experience and dealt with building regulation application.
We required to have a knowledge of Fieldview, 4 Projects system, NHBC Standards, AutoCAD,Building Regulations (including Part B) and previously working on high end residential projects, hand-on, dynamic and keen to take every opportunity to fast-track your career.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Review the programme/ tracker programme, read the ERs and familiarise yourself with the project, requirements, the specifications and the project drawings.
· Understand who the sub- contractors are, make sure they have a competent manager who understands the drawings and specification.Identify long lead in items, and place order accurately and on-time.
· Allocate the work correctly and efficiently with the sub-contractors, make sure they sign for the areas / common area which you assign them possession on site for, record the date and the duration permitted. Inspect works done and sign off the form once works have been completed or as per the permitted duration period, ensuring the area is returned clean, safe and undamaged. Materials found to be wasted or damaged must be recorded and the QS informed of the damage / associated costs.
· Maintain programme and write to contractors and sub-contractors when they are failing, always copying the Project Manager, Site Manager, Design Manager and commercial manager in all emails.
· You will assist with build-ability issues and value engineering related to all electrical activities.
· Maintain accurate QA, photograph all works to meet the ACL requirements, NHBC building control and your QA system. All QA forms must be updated and located in the Site Managers office for inspection by all. All QA sheets must be signed and dated.Inspect the skills of the labour / tradesmen, making sure you are satisfied with the workmanship, material used and efficiency of work and sign off on their works at the end of each task and prior to the sub-contractor leaving site. You must review and confirm that the consultant’s drawings are all coordinated and mistakes / errors in drawings are highlighted and advised to the responsible consultant prior to setting out and construction.
· Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
· Resolve technical problems at all levels.
· Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
· Produce of survey information and red – lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
· Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitably checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
· Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
· Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
· Minimise environmental disturbance during construction works. Supervise the outputs and ensure that the project environmental requirements are met. Maintain a safe and clean site.
· Coordinate scaffolding, platforms, loading bays with the site manager and always make sure you look ahead for items that might delay.
· Order materials on time and be fully aware of lead times, deliveries schedules, concrete specification, rebar schedules. Review all supplier drawings for comment and revert in a timely manner with your comments. Regularly check lead times on materials to ensure that you are fully aware of any lead-time changes which may affect programme.
· Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs are carried out and will regularly give tool box talks on issues which you find as unsafe practices to your sub-contractors. Where safety alerts are issued by ACL or relevant authorities, you will advise your sub-contractors and provide the necessary info / tool box talks affected. Produce project specific method statements and risk assessments and ensure compliance.
· Be familiar with 4 Projects and use 4 Projects to reference the most up to date drawings, to issue drawings to your sub-contractors, to mark-up drawings which issues have arisen for the Design Manager.
· Manage your Sub-contractors crane time effectively knowing when and where materials are needed and ensure that the tower crane is used when essential. Assist in coordinating the crane time with the Site Manager and Banksmen.
· Assign landing areas for materials for your sub-contractors in coordination with the site manager and ensure that the landing areas are kept clean and tidy. Landing areas must have an agreed land to clear time so that the sub-contractors are aware when the landing area must be freed up for the next sub-contractors’ materials. Coordinate with fellow managers to ensure landing times and clearing time are agreed.
· Organise regular progress meetings with your sub-contractors, take minutes and issue minutes copying in your Project Manager, Site Manager, QS and Design Manager.
· Be prepared for weekly progress meetings with the Project Manager updating the programme accordingly and have a list of issues, actions and solutions for review.
About Ardmore Group
The Ardmore Group is one of the largest family owned construction companies in the UK. Although we have delivered across the UK, we are best known as London’s builder given our unrivalled reputation for delivering large scale residential, hotel and regeneration schemes in London since our creation in 1974.
Ardmore has been involved in hundreds of major projects across London, including landmark buildings that have shaped the face of the capital.
We have established a major reputation for delivery of large-scale phased regeneration schemes. We were the first tier-one contractor at the Athlete’s Village for the London Olympics and are lead contractor on two of London’s largest regeneration programmes in Lewisham and Greenwich.
In addition to our expertise in the residential sector we have extensive experience in delivering bespoke luxury hotel refurbishment schemes. In 2011, we completed the luxurious Corinthia Hotel, and followed that success by delivering two of the best new hotels in the world in 2017 at the Four Seasons, Ten Trinity Square and the Ned at Poultry.
“As part of our recruitment process for all roles including employees, consultants and subcontractors, we collect and process personal data relating to job candidates and potential candidates. We explain how we use personal information in the Candidate privacy notice”.
To view our Candidate privacy notice please visit the Ardmore Group website > Working for us > Candidate privacy notice.
Ardmore are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Unsolicited CVS: in relations to speculative CVs received form providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply…… click apply for full job details