North West London, London
The Site Manager is a member of the site operations team and is the key person responsible for the successful delivery of the project. The Site Manager has responsibility to ensure health, safety, environmental & quality compliance as well as programme and budget requirements
* Provide operational support to specific tender as directed by the Director.
* Ensure full understanding of complete tender documentation.
* Ensure VL offer matches tender specification.
* Provide programme support and written text, plans, risk assessments etc. required for tender submissions.
* Chair and participate in meetings, interviews etc. with subcontractors, clients and stakeholders.
* Assist in producing scope documents
* Assist in early procurement elements
* Organise site mobilization including site set up
* Ensure accurate Tender handover meeting is held
* Ensure HSEQ pre start meetings are held
* Deliver the works safely
* Be familiar with and observe all relevant statutory provisions applicable to construction and related industries.
* Implement the company’s procedures for dealing with sub-contractors and ensure proper co-operation and co-ordination takes place between the various parties who may share the workplace/site.
* Provide an overall health & safety plan for the site, making an adequate assessment of the risks involved, and ensuring that safe systems of work and method statements are produced, followed and reviewed.
* Ensure activity and/or substance-specific assessments under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations are made and communicated to those at risk.
* Build, develop, support and maintain the team.
* Build and maintain a good relationship with the client and all external parties.
* Work to build strong relationships with the client.
* Develop the Tender Programme into a construction programme. (Within 4 weeks of award)
* Monitor progress with up to date programmes so that timely clear direction can be given to the team on critical construction/financial targets.
* Development, Management and Maintenance of Site Management Plan
Skills & experience
Proven technical and project management abilities
Strong organisational and management skills
Knowledge of the requirements and implementation of CDM regulations
Ability to produce Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets, and implement safe systems of work
Detailed knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental issues relevant to the project environment
Sufficient experience required in construction.Other