Social Media Editor
London, W11 (with hybrid working)
We’re Big Group, an independent creative marketing agency who apply bigger thinking to everything we do. For over 25 years, we’ve been helping our clients connect with their markets and customers. Whether it’s an immersive event or an award-winning integrated campaign, we always find the Big solution.
We’re now looking for a Social Media Editor to join our team on a full-time basis working 37.5 hours a week.
– Salary of £32,000 – £36,000 per annum dependant on experience
– 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays which increases with length of service
– Health insurance
– Pension scheme
– Profit share
– Cycle to work scheme
– Duvet day
– A welcoming and friendly office environment
– Computer scheme – make savings on IT equipment through a government-backed salary exchange scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and creative marketing professional from a consumer or lifestyle brand background, to join our agency and expand their portfolio working across our client’s social media accounts.
When you join us, you’ll have the chance to use your creativity to devise campaigns and content strategies that generate buzz and build followers, all whilst working in a collaborative environment.
What’s more, we offer a number of great benefits and social events to bring the whole company together.
As a Social Media Editor, you will be responsible for winning and building client’s social media audiences and ensuring effective, high-quality content is developed and implemented.
Reporting to the Head of Social and Content, you will develop engaging and creative content for our client’s social media channels which drive discussions and interaction, building followings and enabling them to grow organically.
You will monitor and proactively engage with discussions on social channels, using audience feedback and reactions to develop new content ideas, whilst contributing to, and nurturing, a creative culture within the team and agency as a whole.
Additionally, working closely with the Social Media Team and Creative department, you will:
– Direct the creation of client content, copy and tactics to engage audiences on all social media channels
– Drive standards of quality and performance
– Introduce clients to new channels, formats and technology
– Create content that generates conversation and buzz
To join us as a Social Media Editor, you will need:
– Marketing experience working for a consumer or lifestyle brand within the digital or social media space
– Demonstrable experience of growing audiences via the delivery of popular content and doing so in a variety of styles and formats
– Experience of using Facebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube’s commercial applications
– The ability to embody the brand in the social space and build relationships with key people
– The ability to implement the strategic social media marketing plan on a daily basis
– The ability to manage and develop image and asset banks for social media
– The ability to use basic social media tools such as Hootsuite or Tweetdeck
– The ability to manage the community across platforms ensuring brand reputation and customer services objectives are met
– Strong written English and grammar
– To be highly numerate and comfortable with basic data tasks
– The ability to work with general software packages such Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– A degree in a related subject and the ability to explain and demonstrate the benefits of your degree
The ability to edit content, compress and resize photography and general art working skills would be beneficial, as would at least two years’ experience in social media/digital with proven experience in customer relations.
An understanding of data analytics and the ability to use tools such as Synthesio, Crimson Hexagon and/or Sysomos would also be advantageous, as would prior experience in public relations or online marketing.
Other organisations may call this role Content Editor, Social Media Manager, Marketing Manager, Social Media Content Manager, or Digital Marketing Manager.
Webrecruit and Big Group are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Social Media Editor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.