Middle East & South Africa Sales Executive
Have you ever dreamed about working in New York, Milan, Munich or Singapore? This is where some of our Sales Executives have ended up running multi-million-pound businesses in the last 5 years. Due to continued growth, we are looking for an exceptional Sales Executive to join our international team in our London Head Office.
A little about us… Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore with expansion planned already for Paris and Sydney. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
This is a fantastic entry level role for a bright, ambitious Salesperson looking to start and develop a career in the exciting field of media sales. If you have little or no experience or have recently come out of Uni, that’s Ok; we don’t require that much experience, for us it’s about you, your personality and your energy.
You will be managing our digital and print advertising revenues and actively seeking new business to help grow your client portfolio across two of our newest channels, Citywire South Africa ((url removed)), and Citywire Middle East (). You’ll be confidently pitching your innovative ideas to clients and build strong relationships with new and existing clients, agencies, and internal stakeholders.
Working alongside a very supportive team, you will develop an in-depth knowledge of the asset management industry whilst closely monitoring advertising campaigns and content projects. The role will be based in London, with travel to key financial hubs in South Africa & across the Middle East for client meetings.
Job specific skills / technical skills
– You will be a tenacious individual who thrives on competition. You’ll have that “fire in your belly” and proactive approach to the job.
– Relationship building will be second nature to you and you’ll enjoy meeting people and influencing their behaviour.
– Build confidence to pitch for new ideas in front of different stakeholders and/or clients.
– Superb organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
– Flexible attitude and able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
– Sales knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural – conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
– 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
– Flexible working options
– £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
– We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
– Eye-test and glasses allowance
– Medical and Dental private insurance available after probation (3 months)
– Competitive private pension scheme
– Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
– Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
– Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
– Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us:
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer