TSR Education Ltd
Monday – Friday (08:00 – 16:30)
* Term-Time only
* Full-time, Long-term
* £75-£90 per day
In partnership with a fantastic School in Wandsworth, we are looking for mature, confident, and creative Learner Support Assistants who are eager about working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
We are looking for someone who is willing to learning and has a patient and caring attitude to start in September 2020.
The School is a supportive, forward-thinking Special Educational Needs School which caters for boys aged between 5 and 19 who have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or Statement of SEN for social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) needs.
They have a small on-site car park and located a short walk from Wandsworth Common Station, making it very commutable from most broughs in London.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will:
* Support pupils to achieve their full potential
* Be flexible in your approach to respond to the changing needs of the students and different environments
* Commit to safeguarding children and young people in your care
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants who have:
* An understanding of, and an interest in Special Educational Needs (SEN)
* Experience of working with children or vulnerable adults in an education or care setting
* Previous mentoring/youth work experience
* Excellent Positive Behaviour Management – Team Teach/Restraint Training is advantageous
* An ability to work as part of a team and to use initiative to support and implement the School’s approach to helping pupils who have a range of needs
* A calm, patient manner and ability to react positively to extreme levels of behaviour
* An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to apply for one ASAP)
If you have a passion for helping young people and feel that you can establish and develop strong relationships with students, then we want to hear from you! Apply via the website!
All applications will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and requirement to register on Update Service.
The Supply Room:
A London based Education Recruitment Agency for aspiring teachers and support staff. We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, aiming to provide teachers with a rewarding and enjoyable role in the education sector while providing schools with an excellent service and with staff they can be proud of. We recruit for Primary, Secondary and SEN schools for a wide range of roles across London, Bournemouth and Bristol