Boldon Colliery, Tyne And Wear
The key function is to support NHS Property Services in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the NHS to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for staff and customers.
To manage Facilities Services Delivery across multiple locations providing a high quality and cost-effective service to customers/the organisation. Key aspects of this role may include the management and supervision of the local Hard FM Services Team, Management of direct services or a combination of both.
This role will be mobile with scope of travel between Teeside and Northumberland, and the base will be in Boldon. We would be particulalrly interested in speaking to those from either a mechanical or fabric background, or something with exposure to the healthcare industry.
* Ensures compliance in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets organisational standards/requirements including but not limited to our Health & Safety Policy/HTMS (Health Technical Memoranda) and SFG20. Can implement new standards and led change to manage continual improvement.
* To conduct quality audits of works to ensure minimum organisational standards are met and maintained and to take immediate corrective action when required where audits do not meet such standards. To undertake toolbox talks and lead health & safety compliance across teams.
* Meet with customers and contractors to ensure works are delivered to organisational standards and where applicable to resolve first line customer complaints or (when appropriate) escalate to immediate line manager with a view to providing accurate information/recommendations for corrective action to be taken.
* Responsible for the supervision, health, safety, and wellbeing of the building services team.
* Manage the planned and reactive maintenance service delivery, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times. Manage the distribution of works to ensure priority of statutory compliance and maintenance of services in critical environments. Maximising team resources and productivity at every opportunity which may would involve the planning and organisation of complex activities.
* To maintain effective site log books at all NHS premises ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner. To carry out audits to ensure that all site log books are completed by the team/contractors etc and that records are accurate and up to date.
* Work with and support the Projects/Construction team in identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for NHS premises with responsibility for monitoring the costs on and managing resource.
* Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
* NHS Property Services Limited, 99 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7NQ, Registered in England & Wales No: (phone number removed)
* Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace. Able to identify keys steps to fire risk assessment and impact of works to existing controls.
* Monitor and maintain effective records as required for the organisation and the completion of all works on NHS sites. Where appropriate for non-compliance, to take immediate corrective action as may be required.
* Record and report any risk, loss, or defect as appropriate and manage corrective actions.
* Line manage, plan, and organise the work of the Building Services maintenance team, ensuring that the team are fully competent to meet the needs of their duties/the organisation. To conduct (and where required to seek advice and guidance) a full range of people management activities including but not limited to; recruitment, performance management, training, development, employee relations.
* Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
* To manage/oversee works with external contractors, tenants and customers as required.
* To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
* Undertake “Responsible Person” training and appropriate duties within scope of knowledge and competency.
* Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the immediate line manager and/or senior local FM management team.
NHS Property Services is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant. Best of luck with your application