EASYWEB NFP RECRUITMENT
Trusts and Foundations Officer
You will join our client as a Trusts and Foundations Officer to lead the development of Concern Worldwide (UK)’s small / medium sized trusts and foundations programme in England, Wales and Scotland to deliver income of £200k per annum by developing and maintaining long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with them.
Trusts and Foundations Officer Responsibilities:
– Manage and develop Concern UK’s relationships with small-medium sized trusts and foundations (gifts up to £25,000) ensuring excellent account management.
– Plan, design and submit compelling applications to small-medium sized trusts and foundations, based on a clear understanding of Concern’s programmes, funding needs and donor requirements.
– Support the Trusts and Foundations Manager with management of relationships with large UK and European trusts and foundations.
– Liaise with the International Programmes department and Overseas Information Officer to ascertain project funding requirements which are of interest to the Trust and Foundation sector.
– Co-ordinate and work closely with colleagues from the US and ROI offices who mainly fundraise from foundations and corporates, whilst working closely with other fundraising departments.
Trusts and Foundations Officer Requirements:
– 2 years fundraising experience, preferably in the international development sector. Candidates from outside of the charity sector with equivalent experience and transferable skills will be considered.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (letter writing, formal applications and the ability to present Concern’s work externally in an engaging and informative manner).
– Proven ability of working on own initiative, meeting objectives and tight deadlines.
– Strong organisation skills with the ability to work systematically and thoroughly in preparing funding applications and donor reports.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
Desirable key skills and experience:
– Degree level qualification in international development.
– Experience of working in an INGO and / or a development charity within a trusts and foundations fundraising setting.
– Experience of working overseas.
– Experience using ThankQ or other fundraising database.
– Experience of preparing and maintaining budgets.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
About Our Client:
Our client is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Their mission is to transform the lives of people living in extreme poverty. They work with 25 million people each year, in some of the hardest to reach and most fragile places, places prone to conflict, natural disasters, climate change and extreme hunger. When an emergency strikes, They are among the first on the ground. They use their voice to bring the stories of extreme poverty to world leaders.Their mission doesn’t stop until extreme poverty does.
Location: London, SW11 3TN
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £29,023 per annum
Closing date: 3rd December 2019
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Executive, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Foundations Fundraising, Trusts Fundraising, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.