JOB TITLE: Young Persons Adviser
LOCATION: London, N5
PLACEMENT: To start ASAP, Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
PAY RATE: PAYE from £17.70 per hour Or Umbrella £19.84 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Qualified Young Persons Advisers for our client based in North London.
The primary function of this role will be to achieve good outcomes for children looked after and those leaving care, to significantly reduce the gaps in outcomes between them and those within the general population.
This will be achieved by:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) To assess risk and devise multi-agency plans for young people, whilst working closely with their professional network, parents and/or carers.
2) Improve outcomes for children and young people by supporting them to come to terms with their losses, experience reparative parenting, establish meaningful relationships and by promoting their education, training and employment opportunities to enable them to lead fulfilling and successful lives.
3) Work with the professional network to identify permanent placements for all young people at the earliest possible opportunity, ensuring that the right support is offered at the right time. The ultimate goal being to support our young people to secure independence as and when they are assessed to be ready to do so.
4) To work in partnership with the professional network to offer clear pathways and access to a range of universal, specialist and targeted services as and when required. To develop robust support packages for vulnerable young people including the provision of safeguards to prevent young people from falling between services.
5) Building and sustaining transformational relationships and meaningful direct work with young people, families, their carers’ and professionals. Practitioners need the skills and capabilities to develop and sustain these relationships.
6) Have an ability to articulate the work that you complete in a variety of forums including review meetings and panels.
7) To ensure that the voices of young people and carers that you are working with are heard throughout the local authority and that you act for a champion for them where appropriate.
8) To contribute to the development of a positive culture within the service that promotes mutual respect and positive collaboration.
1) A relevant vocational qualification – at least to NVQ4
2) Experience of working with young people, children and/or their families.
3) Knowledge of relevant legislation, national standards, policy and practice, including current issues in safeguarding and the provision of leaving care services.
4) Able to travel and to work flexible hours including evenings as required.
5) Ability to communicate effectively and accurately both verbally and in writing e.g. pathway planning, emails and reports with good attention to detail.
6) Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills through working well with others, being confident with any advice given and by engendering trust and confidence in others.
7) Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
8) Ability to use your initiative where this is demanded but also work as a team member focusing on the greater good for the young people in your case load and the service including participating in a team duty system.
A full job description is available upon request.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on or email …… click apply for full job details